SO MANY HTC DEVICES. Bliss, Vigor, Ruby and Holiday!

LDawg07

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What is with all the devices? Which one is going to which carriers?
As I know...

HTC Ruby T-Mobile
HTC Holiday AT&T
HTC Bliss Verizon
HTC Vigor Verizon?

In the forums it seems that the Vigor is going to Verizon. What about another HTC Sprint device before the end of the year.

How excited are you for the new HTC Devices for your carrier?

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
the bliss.....gah. they are going to market that on the Oprah Winfrey network and oxygen i bet, lol
nah, just kidding, joking on the fact that it's supposedly going to be marketed as the "womans phone", and comes in different colors........buy a pink solicone case and put it on the thunderbolt, there, womans phone by their logic, lol

i'd like to check out the vigor, as it supposed to be an addition to their LTE Lineup.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I love HTC and Sense but will never go with one because of the poor battery. I want my first Android experience to have some good battery life lol.

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping to see a top end 4.3" inch device on AT&T by the end of the year (possibly a new device w/ Beats audio). The specs on the Holiday are intriguing, but they'll likely be status quo by the time the device actually hits shelves and, the big kicker, the phone will be freakin' huge at 4.5"... too big for my tastes.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping to see a top end 4.3" inch device on AT&T by the end of the year (possibly a new device w/ Beats audio). The specs on the Holiday are intriguing, but they'll likely be status quo by the time the device actually hits shelves and, the big kicker, the phone will be freakin' huge at 4.5"... too big for my tastes.

I understand your feelings. I happen to like the 4.5 idea. Heck, 4.3 is already a 2x4, especially once you get a serious skin on one. My wife has an Inspire with a skin, so I know. The thing with the Holiday is it has a qHD display, which means a 16:9 aspect ratio, which, in turn, means it will be narrower than a similarly sized 800x480 display. I, personally, want the maximum screen real estate I can get and still hold it in one hand. 4.5 seems to be that point. Anything much bigger than that would be a tablet.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Are all HTC phones for different carriers pretty much the same thing? They all look the same to me
IMO yes and no. some might have the same innards but still differ. The Sensation and the Evo 3D same, yes/no. The chipset is the same but the 3D has 3D and 1 gb of ram. the casing on the Sensation looks better then the 3D. Now the GS is the same phone with different cases but some how have different problems differ with carriers. In the US i think they care to much on a phones appearance. If they made it to similar then we would all have an Gphone ... Yes & No.. lol

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What I don't get is why is T-Mobile getting the Ruby when they recently released the Sensation? Its basically the same phone with a little more RAM and clocked a little higher. Doesn't make much sense to me.

kevinr678

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Holiday or Streamer is going to be one hell of a phone. It's the first real LTE 4G phone on AT&T. I was talking to the CEO and he told me they changed the name from Holiday to Streamer, but who knows.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
What I don't get is why is T-Mobile getting the Ruby when they recently released the Sensation? Its basically the same phone with a little more RAM and clocked a little higher. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm thinking TMO wanted a phone to compete with the EVO3D at release time on Sprint. Something with the same specs more or less. HTC chose T-mo or vise versa to release the Ruby to combat the GSII release.
Sprint I guess has the EVO line so they are dedicated to that brand .
TMO probably got a good deal depending on how you see the Sensation. I think its not a bad phone but it didn't do anything for TMO sales wise. Using this forum alone EVO3D has a bigger following then the Sensation. I'm sure the OG EVO people got the 3D too so kind of unfair. I looked Briefly to see if any sales numbers came up but didn't see any...
The Ruby looks like a great phone. If i could i would have a phone on every carrier to be able to try these cool phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez