When can we expect official specs on the next Nexus?

BlackBarryNewb

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a google nexus which has been awesome. Would like to see how much of an improvement the new device will be. Might consider it if the improvement is considerable.

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I really hope we will know whats going on by the end of the month. I still think its in Googles best interest to schedule their events closer to Apples to sway more people away from the yearly iphone. Google waits too long into the holiday season to bring their flagship phone to market. My guess is that we will hear something at the end of the month ... mid November overseas will get the device and sometime around Christmas it will be available on ONE carrier here. The Nexus phone really should be released in October.

On another note, I don't frequent the forums as much as I want to but I was curious why we haven't heard anything from the guy people called Panda? Last year it seemed like he was right on track and had inside information.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
All signs point to an official reveal at the end of the month (29-30th) at the AllThingsD conference. However, you could look at the current specs for the LG Optimus G, the Nexus will probably differ slightly (i.e. CPU).

LG Optimus G E973 - Full phone specifications

I thought the CPU was basically the one thing that was the same! Dimensions, case design, camera could all be different.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
All signs point to an official reveal at the end of the month (29-30th) at the AllThingsD conference. However, you could look at the current specs for the LG Optimus G, the Nexus will probably differ slightly (i.e. CPU).

LG Optimus G E973 - Full phone specifications

If it does match this spec for spec, lg might finally be entering the android market ;-)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If it does match this spec for spec, lg might finally be entering the android market ;-)

I may be one of the only people who likes the purported design thus far (certainly trumps the GS III). But now there is the question of US Markets and LTE: Sprint and AT&T have already revealed their Optimus G variants (though they could still release the Nexus), will Google gamble on a possible delayed launch via Verzion again, and then there's the sleeper T-mo.

So I too am curious of the final specs, as I may plunge into the Unlocked/GSM prepaid world in the coming months.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd expect official specs from Google when they actually announce the phone.