Leaving iOS for this phone

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I left my iPhone 5 for the GN2 but I'm having some major withdrawal pains. Not sure how long I can hang on.....LOL

What possible symptoms are you having? The GN2 is a really good phone. I couldn't think of a better phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

John Campbell

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Final Fantasy 7 is looking pretty amazing. I forgot how slow AP builds up, need that broken sword! Oh yeah you got that new angry bird app again? Gj app store, I'm emulating the hell out of some care right now.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ive had BBOS, iOS and now android (GS3). The GS3 is the best ive had of all of them. Nothing bad to say about any of them but the galaxy 3 is simply 2nd to none!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I left the iPhone for the GS3, then ordered a Nexus 4, and 2 weeks later now back to the GS3. The Nexus 4 has been the best Android experience so far, but I just couldn't deal with the lack of LTE.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I left my iPhone 5 for the GN2 but I'm having some major withdrawal pains. Not sure how long I can hang on.....LOL

I have the iPhone 5 and was thing of adding a line and getting the gn2. What growing pains are you having? Did you leave iOS for a specific reason or did you just want to try some,thing new?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 and was thing of adding a line and getting the gn2. What growing pains are you having? Did you leave iOS for a specific reason or did you just want to try some,thing new?
Everyone is different, but even with a Mac, iPad, and Apple TV the switch to Android has been easy. The hardest transition was leaving behind the 250 iOS apps I had, and having to redownload some of them again on the GS3. Otherwise download Android File Transfer, drag and drop, and you're good to go!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Everyone is different, but even with a Mac, iPad, and Apple TV the switch to Android has been easy. The hardest transition was leaving behind the 250 iOS apps I had, and having to redownload some of them again on the GS3. Otherwise download Android File Transfer, drag and drop, and you're good to go!

Not worried about apps, thankfully. Originally for my second line I wanted to try windows phone. It looks really nice but it is missing so many apps I use regularly, and the ones that are available (rdio) are rated very low. The choice was obvious with android. I'm pretty sure ill end up getting the note 2, bit I wanted to see it and the DNA in person. I don't think I could ever leave iOS permanently. I really enjoy it. I would like to broaden my horizon though.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not worried about apps, thankfully. Originally for my second line I wanted to try windows phone. It looks really nice but it is missing so many apps I use regularly, and the ones that are available (rdio) are rated very low. The choice was obvious with android. I'm pretty sure ill end up getting the note 2, bit I wanted to see it and the DNA in person. I don't think I could ever leave iOS permanently. I really enjoy it. I would like to broaden my horizon though.
I've got a third gen iPad w/retina, and a GS3, and Nexus 4. In my opinion, Android for phone, and iOS for tablet is the best combo.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I've got a third gen iPad w/retina, and a GS3, and Nexus 4. In my opinion, Android for phone, and iOS for tablet is the best combo.

I don't understand the draw to the nexus 4 other than it being a stock device. I agree though that sounds like a good combo.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the draw to the nexus 4 other than it being a stock device. I agree though that sounds like a good combo.
The draw to the Nexus 4 is faster updates. No carrier interruption, and bloat ware. Apple provides every capable device with on time updates at the same time. Samsung has actually been pretty good with updates for the GS3, but the low price of the off contract, and unlocked Nexus 4 lured me in.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The draw to the Nexus 4 is faster updates. No carrier interruption, and bloat ware. Apple provides every capable device with on time updates at the same time. Samsung has actually been pretty good with updates for the GS3, but the low price of the off contract, and unlocked Nexus 4 lured me in.

I've always wanted a nexus device but its never worked out. Meh. Maybe one day. The nexus 4 is a good looking phone. I miss the look of the n1 though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty