Will you buy the Nexus S?

Will you buy the Samsung Nexus S?

• Total voters

RaHarmakis

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for the AT&T Radio Bands AWS carriers are all but usless to me here in Canada... I'll wait till I see the spec sheet to see if it's worth replacing my beloved Nexus 1...

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping for the AT&T Radio Bands AWS carriers are all but usless to me here in Canada... I'll wait till I see the spec sheet to see if it's worth replacing my beloved Nexus 1...

Im pretty positive if this is their new dev. phone, they will have to release it on AT&T. It's a better reach, and as you said, most Canadian provider have the same bands as AT&T. but we will see.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It's a quad-band phone, so I think it should work on all carriers, it's just that T-mobile may be the only carrier subsidy available? Anyways, I generally avoid Samsung products, but my next phone will most certainly be a stock Android phone, and if I can get an unlocked dual-core phone with no bloat and NFC...I might pick one up, even if it's a Samsung (although I'd prefer a Moto or HTC phone).

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Nexus S

I would buy it if:

1. It is available for Verizon

2. Has front facing camera

3. Has rumored 2.3 os

4. is NOT binged!

4. has improved battery life

5. Google controls updates

Google seems to bestow premier updates on the Nexus one before any other phone which gives its user a feeling of importance and empowerment!

Nudo

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pumped! The timing is perfect, it was 2 years ago in December '08 that the original Blackberry Storm arrived. Oh my! how they have changed. Goodbye Verizon, Hello T-Mobile!

Nudo

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I would buy it if:

1. It is available for Verizon

2. Has front facing camera

3. Has rumored 2.3 os

4. is NOT binged!

4. has improved battery life

5. Google controls updates

Google seems to bestow premier updates on the Nexus one before any other phone which gives its user a feeling of importance and empowerment!

You can bet on all of that except for #1 =:)0)<

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'n on Verizon, but I'd drop the money for it unsubsidized just to play with it, without service, no matter what carriers it goes on. A very expensive answer to an iPod Touch if you will, play with some ROMs and apps, maybe get with this whole Java thing and make some apps for it, pop in a SIM if I ever leave the country...

Excuses, excuses, I just want the thing! It looks kinda sexy too.

Honestly, if I like it well enough, I might take the fall to AT&T. Verizon's lack of reasonable options as of late really makes me wonder how long I'll be willing to stay with them (yes, there are some rather nice phones on Verizon, and will be for awhile, but their bloatware and *shudder* VCast App Store make me think twice about buying another V phone, even if I'll be able to root it and flash ROMs later).

Last edited:

miniZ

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest.

My Nexus One, (as ridiculous as this may sound) is feeling outdated. I will purchase the Nexus S immediately. I have no issues with the look or feel of the Galaxy S phones, and am SUPER stoked about this one. When something better comes out? Hand this off to my brother and purchase the next Pure Google Experience.

ro1224

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to be so critical, but please please please avoid using the term "Any ways". First of all, it would be "anyways" if that were the proper form of the word, "anyway", but it's not. Sort of ranks right up there with "You's Guys". (oO)

sandplasma

May 11, 2010
Visit site
^I was going to suggest the same thing.
Why is there so much Samsung hate here? What did it ever do to you? Did you buy a phone and use it or are you basing your whole biased opinion on mere speculation. The SuperAmoled screens are better than anything HTC is offering at the moment.

I have a vibrant and the only complaint is the bloatware and the plastic its made from. Me thinks if sam made their phones out of something other than plastic it would be just as good.

Please explain or shut up.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to be so critical, but please please please avoid using the term "Any ways". First of all, it would be "anyways" if that were the proper form of the word, "anyway", but it's not. Sort of ranks right up there with "You's Guys". (oO)

Happy? Also added some more info on the device based on current rumors.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If it has video calling and resembles the nexus one form factor heck yea ill definitely grab it

That's something I am still curious about, is that ditto the right a camera or an led? To the left I see a light and proximity sensor but I don't even know if Google would want a device without a gingerbread feature(FFC) or an LED. Still very eager to see what Sammy has to say about this.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be the first to buy it (wait for some bugs to be ironed out) but if is runs on Verizon's network (4G maybe?) than I would get it...

Might as well forget it, this device might launch alongside Gingerbread, and seeing as Gingerbreads go with Christmas, this is definitely a month before Verizon plans to flip the LTE switch, plus we have only seen the device on GSM T-Mobile. Still in the near future, if Google actually chose Samsung for the purpose of multi-carriers, we might see this come to CDMA(unlike the Nexus one). Now, remember this is my speculation, there still could have been plans for a CDMA version for Verizon, maybe with or without LTE, months before Verizon even announced LTE.

I sure hope this reaches all carriers, the more users have access to this device, the more the dev support heightens.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until January, so hopefully by that time this phone is out on all the carriers it will ever reach and I can decide if it's the phone for me. I'm going to have a lot to choose from by that date.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until January, so hopefully by that time this phone is out on all the carriers it will ever reach and I can decide if it's the phone for me. I'm going to have a lot to choose from by that date.

By the time January is here, Samsung and Motorola might be announcing their next big device, there have been numerous leaks, one of em might be true... I doubt there will be a Nexus S on every carrier though. You have options though, so it's good to just relax and let them all do a little dance, rate em from one to ten, and choose it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez