Droid Terminator ?

shotgunbelly

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
What Carrier? Verizon probably? How big of a screen. Keyboard or not. Anyone know anything about this device? Gonna get an X unless this sucker is close. THANKS!

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I may have just been missing any news on it, but as far as I know we know very little about the phone and 'Droid Terminator' is just a nickname for whatever Moto's either 2Ghz or Tegra 2 (or both) phone will be. It'll probably be on Verizon, but one rumor suggests we may also see it AT&T as well.

Reactions: shotgunbelly

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, how fast do you want it?! I am with Phil on this one, a dualcore device is so amazing it will leave you just stumped, what can you do that you have not done on your device already? Another thing is, don't expect these new devices to last you longer than 4 hours of continuous use, I used an HD7... Even with its 1ghz snapdragon and WP7 with light use on 3g, only got through 8 hours... I am sure that Samsung and Motorola are extremely pressured with battery life, as 1ghz might suck up the battery really fast. Just get a Droid X, it ain't the fastest device on the market anyways! If you want the fastest device on CDMA it might be the Evo, if you want a faster Verizon device, just wait for the next couple of HTC devices. If you want the fastest device on the market, go pick up a G2, MyTouch 4g, or a Galaxy S device.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
^^ youtube the tegra 2 gaming demo that's what you can do. And don't forget that just because it's dualcore doesn't mean both will always run at full speed. And with the extra core the cpu should be able to complete task quicker then go back to a slower speed. While its nice to see tegra 2 samsung orian processor will be a true gaming beast.while the snapdragon should be great at cpu task

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I only see dual-core for 1080p recording and maybe gaming but gaming on Android doesnt have a huge support or isnt being pushed like it is on WP7 or iOS

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Who the hell thought that by completing things faster it will save battery life? It takes extra energy to complete the process faster, so the battery life will be god awful. The reason netbooks have such great battery life is because their processors are underclocked, that is why my laptop with a core 2 duo only lasts 1 hour on a full charge.

uansari1

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what's keeping Motorola from releasing a high-end phone for T-mobile... HTC and Samsung don't have a problem doing so. I wonder if they have an exclusivity agreement with VZW...

Thoughts?

JoseN305

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what's keeping Motorola from releasing a high-end phone for T-mobile... HTC and Samsung don't have a problem doing so. I wonder if they have an exclusivity agreement with VZW...

Thoughts?

Tmobiles phone lineup has always been strange. Its really only recently (1-2yrs) that high end phones showed up on Tmo that are even worth bragging about. Not really sure why there isnt a Droid on Tmo but the G2/Mytough/Nexus is still a nice lineup.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's Verizon for sure, Motorola has some sort of deal, Verizon wanted an iPhone killer, this is essentially a clone with Android. And now the line up for T-Mobile might get better with the Nexus S

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Even with a January release is there no chance of LTE?

Motorola isn't dumb (even though 2.2 for the X would make you think otherwise). They know LG, HTC, and most likely Samsung are coming out with 4G/LTE phones at CES. Motorola would be dumb to release a monster phone like this with only 3G radios. I will almost guarantee it to be an LTE device.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Who the hell thought that by completing things faster it will save battery life? It takes extra energy to complete the process faster, so the battery life will be god awful. The reason netbooks have such great battery life is because their processors are underclocked, that is why my laptop with a core 2 duo only lasts 1 hour on a full charge.

Qualcomm teases 28nm dual-core Snapdragons, pixel-punching Adreno 300 GPU -- Engadget

"...the new 28nm dual-core MSM8960 system-on-a-chip will have five times the performance and consume 75 percent less power than the original Snapdragon"

There ya go. Though I can see where the assumption will be made that it's due to the 28nm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore