Tab s9 Ultra slim bookcover keyboard

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I am preordering the Tab s9 ultra. There are 2 keyboard cases - the regular one and the slim one.

I can't find confirmation if either or both have backlit keys. I called Samsung and also went on the chat prom the slim bookcover keyboard page of the website. I cannot find anything in writing about backlit keys.

Does anyone have a better link or info than I can get? It isn't worth buying it unless keys are backlit.

Thanks!

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726_183743_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230726_183743_Samsung Internet.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 6

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
According to:

It looks like it is only on the Tab s9 Ultra Book Cover Keyboard. I have the Tab s8 Ultra Book Cover Keyboard & it works fine.
Thanks! That is a huge thing for me because I am not a touch typist. I need the light. I was going to buy the slim keyboard because there is a hundred dollar discount. No discount on the backlit one I can find. I think I may try one of the aftermarket keyboard covers. They are much less expensive.

I would like to do a prorder at Best Buy rather than Samsung but it says sold out at Best Buy?

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! That is a huge thing for me because I am not a touch typist. I need the light. I was going to buy the slim keyboard because there is a hundred dollar discount. No discount on the backlit one I can find. I think I may try one of the aftermarket keyboard covers. They are much less expensive.

I would like to do a prorder at Best Buy rather than Samsung but it says sold out at Best Buy?
You are very welcome. I, too, prefer a backlight keyboard.

I'd continue to check Best Buy. It might just be a glitch in their system.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just read an article from XDA that says the old Tab s8 ultra Book Keyboard Cover with backlit keyboard fits the Tab s9 ultra.

The thing is they use a link to Samsung but it shows the Book Cover case NOT the keyboard book cover case. The actual s8 ultra keyboard book cover case doesn't appear to be on sale at all.

Last edited: