03-23-2011 04:13 PM
- That would depend on what your meaning of worth it is? Outside of the 3D screen, the specs for the EVO 3D are beasting the current EVO. In terms of memory, speed, screen res and all. Not too mention a bigger stock battery on the device.
To me, that is more then worth it to upgrade to the 3D when it comes out.03-22-2011 04:51 PM
- I mean it obviously outperforms the Evo, but there are just a bunch of people who act like the Evo is their 1st child for some reason and posting the negatives. It's just a phone just face it... of course a better phone coming, and i honestly don't care if they are dissapointed.
Look at the positives (HD friendly,more power efficient core, faster, higher res, camera button, bigger battery, and 3D) this is an amazing phone that I'll be replacing my trusty hero with and showing off. BTW don't get me wrong I think the EVO is great too, it will probably be a good choice for people wanting a cheaper alternative once the price drops.03-22-2011 05:55 PM
- I would say that if you're interested in the EVO go with the EVO 3d. The EVO is a great phone but HTC has improved on it. The thunderbolt is an improvement over the EVO and based upon the initial hands-on, the EVO 3d is an improvement in just about every spec. The only down side seems to be that the kickstand was removed.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk03-22-2011 06:23 PM
- It's worth it to me. For many moons I had to look at the cool games and other apps the iPhone had with envy, now that the Android train is steaming forward full speed, I was "settled" with a phone that had a rather limp wristed GPU that can't handle the cool new games and apps coming out. Well, no more! Can't wait to get my own Evo 4G on steroids, aka. Evo 3d!
The performance increase alone is worth it to me. The extra pixels, the better format of the screen in regards to watching movies, and of course the 3D and designated camera button are all gravy of the finest sort!03-22-2011 11:31 PM
- Why do you need 3d on a phone? Why do you need a laptop or tab in 3d? I have the 55 inch sammy LED tv and its not 3d. The tv is perfect. My phone just needs to make calls and keep me entertained when I have a minute to myself. That's great to offer the new 3d phones I just don't want 3d taking over and having it as the new baseline for phones and computers. Offer it on some gear, great. There are people that think they have to have it. Just because we can do something new doesn't mean we have to run wild with it. I will leave my 3d experience to the 3d movies at the theater. I'm not saying down with 3d I'm saying don't lose our damn minds and base all future devices on it.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk03-22-2011 11:36 PM
- I'm just curious to know...why some people are not interested in a phone that has 3D features/capabilities. Hmm!
Have you ever watched a movie in 3D? Have you ever seen any phone with 3d capabilities?
If your answer is yes and no - then you'll be getting a device that will blow your mind.
If your answer is no and no - then I would suggest first try number one, then decide on number two.03-23-2011 09:34 AM
Size: 126mm x 65mm x 12.05mm 4.96" x 2.56" x 0.47"
Weight: 170 grams (6.0 ounces) with battery
Display: 4.3-inch 3D touch screen
Screen: 109 mm (4.3") 540 x 960 QHD resolution
CPU Processing Speed: 1.2 GHz, dual core
Internal phone storage: 1 GB
RAM: 1 GB
Expansion slot: microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
Connectors: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection
Gyro sensor, G-Sensor, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
Gallery, Music, and FM Radio. SRS virtual surround sound for wired headphone. DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to your TV or computer.
Video supported formats:
Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3)
Bluetooth 3.0 with with Enhanced Data Rate
A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
FTP and OPP (object push) for file transfer
PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
Other supported profiles: AVRCP, GAP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, SPP, SDAP
Dual 5 megapixel color camera:
Capture 2D photos with up to 5 megapixel resolution
Capture 3D photos with up to 2 megapixel resolution
Auto focus and dual power LED flash
1.3 megapixel fixed focus color camera03-23-2011 02:21 PM
The Unreasonable Stance: Touchscreens are just a fad
i kind of agree with you. I think 3d needs to lose the glasses and grow up. ..... wait your telling me the evo 3d needs no glasses.. hmmm now this is what im talking about.03-23-2011 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD