Nokia 8

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
"Reportedly the Nokia 8 will come in two versions - one with a Snapdragon 835 chipset with 6GB RAM and a 24 MP OIS + EIS primary camera. A 12 MP selfie snapper and dual front-facing speaker are also on the cards. Storage is going to be 64GB or 128GB and there will be a microSD card slot for expanding that further."

Snapdragon 835
6 GB RAM
Soft Keys
64/128 GB Storage
Metal Unibody Design
Focus on Camera, shooter is 24 MP
Dual front facing speakers - Hopefully this means rear FPS
No signs of logos on the front of the device

... this looks like an awesome way to start :)

https://youtu.be/CPi26Ov0n7s

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Indeed a great way to start. I really hope these specs are true. Especially the camera specs with Carl Zeiss optics like the great Nokia's from a few years ago. Can't wait till Feb 26th!

tribbleorlfl

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I was really looking forward to this but ultimately decided to go with a Pixel XL. That being said, my order from 11/28 is finally scheduled to ship tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's going to be pushed back further. Wondering if I should cancel and wait a little longer for this beast.

What are the odds it will work on Verizon?

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was really looking forward to this but ultimately decided to go with a Pixel XL. That being said, my order from 11/28 is finally scheduled to ship tomorrow, but I'm thinking it's going to be pushed back further. Wondering if I should cancel and wait a little longer for this beast.

What are the odds it will work on Verizon?

Slim to none. Verizon's phone selection is terrible.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I'd snap up a Nokia 8 in an instant . Owned a few Nokia phones back in the day and the build quality and functionality of the phones were outstanding. Sure things have changed but if it has pixel launcher and running stock Android as rumor has it, I'd give them a shot again. Nokia was a highly praised and respected company back in the day as many have sung their praises. Competition is always good as well as alternatives

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the video link @Aquila! Awesome to see that OIS is getting and better. :D as I've said my times, i love taking photos and videos and normally those videos are being take when its bumpy around me like in a car. So to have that new OIS in a device would be worth a lot to me. Great to seer this from Nokia. :D

DanielDcruz

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Nokia 8 is also expected to host Fingerprint scanner, High Craftsmanship, 6 GB RAM...and many more premium features.
Here is a video i found over the net and would like to share it with u guys:
[video]https://goo.gl/y5nYDM[/video]

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nokia 8 is also expected to host Fingerprint scanner, High Craftsmanship, 6 GB RAM...and many more premium features.
Here is a video i found over the net and would like to share it with u guys:
[video]https://goo.gl/y5nYDM[/url]

That's wonderful! So happy it is expected to get a fingerprint scanner. :)

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is cdma compatible. I know it probably won't be but can hope. There's so many Verizon customers that would jump all over this.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I hope this is cdma compatible. I know it probably won't be but can hope. There's so many Verizon customers that would jump all over this.

I would definitely be all over this! Never done this before but would even switch carriers if this was not offered on Verizon. I am definitely going to be watching for this one

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI jerryrigeverything on YouTube did a teardown of the Nokia 6. Worth watching. That things a beast. The midframe is metal and unbendable.

I'm pretty limited since I have no belief they will ever be compatible with Verizon. But if the Nokia 8 is built like the 6 its gonna be a hit.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The Nokia 9 is going to be the flagship to watch for with a late summer to late fall release. I will be anxiously awaiting this phone

amlbuton

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
And one thing that makes me want to wait this phone is Nokia known to have their phone sold worldwide *in the past *

Even me in Indonesia want to have this phone 😎😎

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I've been reading alot on their new devices and e everything I've read this far states they will be released globally. I can not wait until Nokia 9 is released. Will be getting one of those for sure

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that'll stop me buying the new Nokia flagships will be if they don't bring back Glance and Double Tap to Wake from the N9 and Lumia's that followed. And going by the Nokia 5 and 6 already missing them I'm not feeling very confident.