Getting notifications for email

rishman1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I use Maildroid for my email but also set up my Yahoo email through the stock email app so I can get notifications on my Galaxy Gear. It worked, but then I turned off the option on the phone to have an icon show in the status bar when I get new email in the stock app, as I didn't want to continually see the stock notification icon. After that, at least for one test email I sent myself, I did not get a notification on the Gear. Can anyone confirm that this is how it works-- that you have to allow the stock email app to show you its notification icon in the status bar on your phone in order to receive a notification on your Gear?

Thanks!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 email accounts configured under the Mail app two are exchange based and one is OMAP and NONE of those accounts are triggering email notifications. I hadn't even set up my gmail yet. Confused, frustrated and not sure why they aren't working.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I use Maildroid for my email but also set up my Yahoo email through the stock email app so I can get notifications on my Galaxy Gear. It worked, but then I turned off the option on the phone to have an icon show in the status bar when I get new email in the stock app, as I didn't want to continually see the stock notification icon. After that, at least for one test email I sent myself, I did not get a notification on the Gear. Can anyone confirm that this is how it works-- that you have to allow the stock email app to show you its notification icon in the status bar on your phone in order to receive a notification on your Gear?

Thanks!

So you have turned off receiving email notifications on your phone? If that's the case then I would assume you would also not receive notification on the watch.

Posted via Android Central App

rishman1

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
So you have turned off receiving email notifications on your phone? If that's the case then I would assume you would also not receive notification on the watch.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah I had turned off the showing of the icon in the status bar on the phone, and then I didn't get any notification on my watch either. Just wanted to confirm that was what did it, and not something else. Looks like it was. I wanted to get a notification on my watch but not the icon on the phone. Oh well, it's not a big deal. This watch is awesome!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had notifications on for emails on my phone the icon was showing that I had emails but the GG was NOT getting any notifications. It will take some more playing around with it.