Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch - Galaxy Gear & Fitness Apps?

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Posting here to seek input from those of you who have tried fitness apps with the GG. I haven't received the latest gear update that was supposedly supposed to be released this week, but I'm curious if any of you have good results with the watch and any of the fitness apps out there? I haven't tried S-Health yet...been using Map my Walk, but open to any suggestions.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use my fittiness pal and run keeper. They both work great.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

bearda

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I tried using it with RunKeeper. It works fairly well, giving you simple status readout (time, distance, pace, etc) and letting you pause your run. Be aware you have to run the "special" Galaxy Gear version from the Samsung App store, and that the one in Google Play isn't compatible. Unfortunately, the one in the Samsung store is also older and conflicts with the version from Google Play. Chances are it isn't going to be updated nearly as quickly or as often as the normal version (if they do at all).

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea I figured that out early. I had both versions in my phone. I realized I should delete the google play version as soon as I downloaded the Samsung version.. I have ran 4 5k's so far with it and it was perfect. Being able to track my pace every step of the way really helped me run my best time.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jchybinski

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes I found the two versions fighting on my device as well. Deleted the play version and so far so good...

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana