Can't get past the "download Galaxy Gear app"

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I have two Gear S2 watches (yes I know, very old) and neither one of them will go beyond the screen requiring downloading the Samsung Gear app. I know it's now called Galaxy Wearable but Wearable won't install from the PlayStore to my Motorola Moto G Stylus 5G phone. The watches were working just fine but I messed up and did a reset on one of them and it's now stuck on the download screen. I can't get to any of the settings, nothing. Tried a hard reset (hold both buttons down) and that landed me back at the same screen. I'm hoping someone has a way to get around this because I can't afford a new watch.

Thank you,
Deb

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Gear S2 watch that I want to update to the newest Galaxy Wearable app. I cannot download this from the Play Store because newer versions are not compatible with my watch. I suppose I may have answered my own question with that, but I want to be sure. If I were to side load the Wearable to my phone (Moto G Stylus 5G) is there a chance this could work? I have two Samsung S2 watches and both are useless to me as they are. I can't get past the "download Galaxy Gear" screen. Running around w/o my watch is driving me insane and hoping not to have to buy a new watch. Thank you!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to with a side-loaded version that still supports the S2, yes. Are you sure the newer Wearable app doesn't support the Gear S2? (I had read that in 2021 models they removed support for older watches, but I thought the S2 wasn't in that list). Have you tried getting the app from the Galaxy Store?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej