New Gear User Questions

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I am a new Galaxy Gear user as I just purchased the device once it was compatible with my Galaxy S4. What I would like most from my Galaxy Gear is the following:

1: Email notifications with the ability to actually read the text of the email message. Right now it of course only shows you the sender of the message.
2: Text notifications with the ability to again read the text of the message. If memory serves me correctly this did indeed work when had the Auto lock setting set to ON but I prefer not to have to do a "swipe" every time I use the phone so I turned this to off. Is there a way to have the text messages show in full detail without having to have the Auto lock set to ON.
3: Sports score notifications from apps such as ESPN.

I am sure as I play with the new device more additional questions and wishes will come up but for now these three are the most pressing. Any help, comments or thoughts regarding these three items would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You should update the GG to the latest Firmware and update the GG Manager on your GS4, to do that you may need to manually install the Samsung Apps App as outlined Samsung Content & Services | Notice. It seems for whatever reason it was not on my Verizon GN3 (others on Verizon have it) so I have to manually get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87