Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kies doesn't even show Tizen Upgrade

I just got my Galaxy Gear, and installed Kies 3 - and the Tizen update wasn't even available as an option. When I talked to Samsung online support, they said that Tizen was not even available for the Gear yet. And i was like....uh... there's articles about this. And Samsung even has a video with the Gear on Tizen. She was like "No, that's the Gear 2" and I was like "No..... ".

Is there some kind of delay in the Tizen update? Or am I not understanding how to install Tizen using Kies?

Default Re: Kies doesn't even show Tizen Upgrade

You understand it fine. The update just hasn't rolled out to North America... Which is where I assume you are located. The update has rolled out in Europe and such. Just not over here. We are still playing the waiting game.
    When... (dare I say, IF) the update does come out in North America, you will have to do it through Kies.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk