Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible to unlock the bootloader on the i527?

Hey, I have spent a great deal of time and effort reading through forums and all over the internet for information on how to upgrade my Mega to a higher version of Android (at least 4.3 but preferably 4.4). Since AT&T won't seem to do the job, I figured it was time for me to try this myself. No, this isn't my first "go round" with rooting devices (I think I have 1 jailbroken piece of iJunk, and 3 or 4 Androids that I have rooted and flashed quite a few custom roms on those devices). I have rooted the Mega.... but low and behold, there is a bootloader that needs to be unlocked and it is a BEAR of a problem. I have no idea how to attack the bootloader. Hopefully one of the geniuses on this forum can help me (because there are quite a few who are clearly smarter than me!!! I sure hope this will get looked at considering that this forum is archived (*sniff sniff)

Thanks

Default Re: Is it possible to unlock the bootloader on the i527?

Did you find a way and unlock the bootloader yet? I have been reading thru forums as well and no luck yet. I dont wont this to be a big-*** paperweight.