Lock Screen Is Now Calendar and Memo - How to Disable?

DifferentThan

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
A day or two ago my tablet started displaying the calendar and a memo panel instead of my lock screen. Now I have to tap "close" to get to my lock screen before I can input my pin and unlock the device. How do I disable this feature?

laika

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I didn't like it at first either...but now I'm kinda fond of it.

Yea, When I accidentally set it, who knows how, I was not in settings, it was blank of course, once I found out how to turn it off I did/do plan to turn it on at a latter date and put some items into it. Sort of a cool idea, if I actually put info in it.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. I guess it only works with certain covers? The Day Note is set, but I don't see that option. It's pretty cook idea. I didn't want to pay $80 for the Samsung Cover, so I got the Belkin for now. I have a book cover on order from Amazon (can't recall the brand, but got the referral from here). Maybe it'll show then?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine was 4 bucks and it showed. I believe that as long as it's got the magnet to make it a 'Smart' cover (i.e. turn the screen on/off automatically) it activates the feature. In any case, it's on by default, so the first time you use a cover you'll see it.

ESCcsm

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone

Follow up question - my calendar has a padlock on it. I am guessing because I have a password set? Can I show my calendar in this feature without disabling the password? My calendar isn't confidential but my files are

Moshe Barash

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

Follow up question - my calendar has a padlock on it. I am guessing because I have a password set? Can I show my calendar in this feature without disabling the password? My calendar isn't confidential but my files are

The only way you can find out is via trying it. Also I have a pattern lock and I am able to have the calendar.