1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Xoom LTE to Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi only -- need good maps and navigation

Hi All; I've been making my Xoom LTE on Verizon work up to now, but am looking at the Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) primarily to pick up the S-Pen features, but it only comes with WiFi. With my LTE equipped Xoom, I loved the navigation aspects of the tablet, and am wondering if you can tell me if I will be taking a huge step backwards with functionality of GPS and navigation? My plan is to pick up a hotspot for my VZW contract, and use it to tether the tablet to while I am traveling... any opinions on this would be helpful, thanks!

Default Re: Xoom LTE to Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi only -- need good maps and navigation

I have a droid dna with hotspot. You don't pay for access to the hotspot it just uses the data on a share plan. I haven't had a chance to use the navigation much yet but when I did fire it up it seemed to track nicely. The way I figure, I have Verizon 4G LTE so when using my hotspot it should be fast enough for anything without paying another 10 or 15 bucks a month for the tablet.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Xoom LTE to Note 10.1 (2014) WiFi only -- need good maps and navigation

I just rode to college station from Austin with Google navigation , and my tablet never lost signal and was on point the whole way there and back. I was logged on to my droid dna wi Fi hotspot and didn't have one problem. I give the navigation on Wi Fi only tablet a passing grade....

Posted via Android Central App