Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Shattered screen

    This had me so stressed. I sent it out. I'm having a hard time w/o my tab

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shattered screen-uploadfromtaptalk1388975897735.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Wow. That is some nasty damage. How did it happen?

    Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Where did you send it to? I work for a place that replaces broken screens. None of my vendors have this part in stock yet. We've fixed plenty of Galaxy Note 10.1 2013 though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    Wow. That is some nasty damage. How did it happen?

    Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3
    Sitting on the couch it was on my lap. The next thing I know it's on the floor. I am still on warranty. I sent it out to Samsung.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    Sitting on the couch it was on my lap. The next thing I know it's on the floor. I am still on warranty. I sent it out to Samsung.
    Wow
    It fell from your lap to a wood floor? It was in the case and it still shattered like that !
    Doesn't sound like Gorilla Glass... sorry it happened to you and glad it's under warranty.
    Thanks for sharing the pic as well... it will make the rest of us extra careful... obviously, the case wasn't much help
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Wow
    It fell from your lap to a wood floor? It was in the case and it still shattered like that !
    Doesn't sound like Gorilla Glass... sorry it happened to you and glad it's under warranty.
    Thanks for sharing the pic as well... it will make the rest of us extra careful... obviously, the case wasn't much help
    I am very careful when it comes to my devices. I was so distraught and yes it was in the case. Hopefully I'll get it back soon.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    charles777 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Wow, Samsung will repair/replace damage from a fall? I would think the warranty would only cover mfr defects or malfunctions. I'll be very impressed if they take care of this for you. I hope you get it back soon
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Wow
    It fell from your lap to a wood floor? It was in the case and it still shattered like that !
    Doesn't sound like Gorilla Glass... sorry it happened to you and glad it's under warranty.
    Thanks for sharing the pic as well... it will make the rest of us extra careful... obviously, the case wasn't much help
    The glass is probably similar to tempered with is strong on the face but bump a corner and it'll shatter.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta96 View Post
    The glass is probably similar to tempered with is strong on the face but bump a corner and it'll shatter.
    I am happy that I added the Accidental Damage option to my Square Trade warranty... it was $99 (total) for 2 years
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Wow, Samsung will repair/replace damage from a fall? I would think the warranty would only cover mfr defects or malfunctions. I'll be very impressed if they take care of this for you. I hope you get it back soon
    Oh Yea I had to send pics of the screen, they told me it's covered under warranty.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    charles777 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    very cool :-).
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Update I had to pay $199 for samsung to replace the glass

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by April920 View Post
    Update I had to pay $199 for samsung to replace the glass

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    Sorry to hear that
    Did you get it back already ?

    Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by charles777 View Post
    Sorry to hear that
    Did you get it back already ?

    Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
    Samsung shipping it out tomorrow

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
    charles777 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    did you have to pay anything for this? What did you tell them as to how it happened?
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    did you have to pay anything for this? What did you tell them as to how it happened?
    Yes i explained what happened, i spoke to 3 different people who told me the same it's not covered. I ended up having to pay $199 i am thinking about adding square trade warranty.

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    ahh ok so you did have to pay. thanks for clearing that up. Wonder if my time had passed to get the sq trade warranty.
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    ahh ok so you did have to pay. thanks for clearing that up. Wonder if my time had passed to get the sq trade warranty.
    How long have you had your tab

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Since Thanksgiving
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Since Thanksgiving
    Oh same here just called square trade. It's too late :-(

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    oh well , I'll just be careful, extra careful. thanks
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    I can't see or download the thumbnail (just get the paperclip.png), how do I get this to show?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Law View Post
    I can't see or download the thumbnail (just get the paperclip.png), how do I get this to show?
    Just go to the first post on this thread, and the picture is on the post
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Law View Post
    I can't see or download the thumbnail (just get the paperclip.png), how do I get this to show?
    Just go to the first post on this thread and the picture shows on it
    Im a Teldy a TEchnical oLDY . My love of the telephone started in 1952, when I got to talk to my grandma as seen in my avatar. .
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: Shattered screen

    I'm always careful with my devices. Smh

    Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unknown icon in notification screen
    By Cheyondra Weston in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 03:01 AM
  2. Galaxy S3 new screen issue
    By MikeTheOtterLover in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 11:37 PM
  3. What is your SCREEN-ON Time?
    By Paolo Pichero in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 10:58 PM
  4. Old text showing up on screen
    By gadzouris in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 09:19 PM
  5. Help! I deleted my lock screen accidentally
    By cag78granger in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

B