Shattered screen

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
No, it doesn't work for me, just says "attached thumbnail", and if I long press on it, the actual paperclip .png downloads....... and yes, I am logged In?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Huh, the very first post, you don't see the picture of the shattered screen? I have no clue. what browser are you using, try a different one maybe

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
?... I've just discovered that if I access the thread through Firefox, the pic shows fine, but not in the stock 2014 tablet browser!
I've had a quick look at settings for this but don't see anything obvious.... any ideas?

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
?... I've just discovered that if I access the thread through Firefox, the pic shows fine, but not in the stock 2014 tablet browser!
I've had a quick look at settings for this but don't see anything obvious.... any ideas?

I use the Tapatalk app pics show without a problem

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again dianehelen, desktop mode fixed it. .....but the funny thing is, if I'm NOT in desktop mode, the pic at the top of the thread doesn't show, but the pic posted by charles777 does !?

What exactly is desktop mode?
Btw, sorry to hijack the thread, hope you get this sorted soon, cause I know I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me.

Dr Law

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
This had me so stressed. I sent it out. I'm having a hard time w/o my tab

a thought occurred to me, ......on this forum, a lot of us (myself included), are moaning about faults/problems/niggles/issues we are having with this tablet, striving to get workarounds etc, but I think it is a measure of the phenomenal achievement Samsung have accomplished in producing this device, just how upset, even devastated we become at the very thought of being deprived of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, well done Samsung!

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
a thought occurred to me, ......on this forum, a lot of us (myself included), are moaning about faults/problems/niggles/issues we are having with this tablet, striving to get workarounds etc, but I think it is a measure of the phenomenal achievement Samsung have accomplished in producing this device, just how upset, even devastated we become at the very thought of being deprived of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, well done Samsung!

Ya, sorta true, but I think people like us, and yes I consider myself one of "people like us", have gone into freak out mode back to when our old dumb phones would malfunction and we had to wait a week for a replacement, so we could call someone, after pulling up our little retractable antenna, and say, guess where I'm calling from, MY CAR ;-).

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Update I had to pay $199 for samsung to replace the glass

Ah! Yes, it's covered, just add $199. :) In truth, didn't sound like a warranty issue, but hope springs eternal.

Thanks again dianehelen, desktop mode fixed it. .....but the funny thing is, if I'm NOT in desktop mode, the pic at the top of the thread doesn't show, but the pic posted by charles777 does !?

What exactly is desktop mode?
Btw, sorry to hijack the thread, hope you get this sorted soon, cause I know I'd be mighty upset if it happened to me.

Many sites have mobile versions of their websites that are designed to eliminate difficult components that would slow down browsing on small screens. The phones/tablet browsers often automatically default to "mobile site." You can change it to desktop---which means you are seeing everything they've got, in exactly the format a desktop computer would, for better or worse.

Now, can't really answer why you're not seeing the pic. I don't browse Android Central in a tablet browser---I use the AC app. (Just tested that, and the pic shows fine). But maybe they have defaulted to eliminating pics if accessed by a browser for their mobile site---or, maybe you have a browser set to turn OFF pics when browsing and don't know it.

mrspatmore

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a shattered screen also. Amazon wouldn't do anything as it has been more than 30 days (I don't blame them). I was unable to get the Samsung online repair ticket to work, so I went old school and called via land line. Bottom line is they will not quite me a repair price, but I did send it to them anyway. I paid $499 originally and have had it since 12/8 - just over a month before the screen shattered. Current price on Amazon is $569. I'm not buying another one. I'll pay up to $200 to get the screen replaced but that's it - even though I love this tablet. I'm still dumbfounded that the screen shattered on a "soft" drop, when it was in its case. Also since otterbox doesn't make a case for the 2014 edition, the protective case options are very limited. Overall, I'm bummed! Otherwise, I love Samsung. I have a Note 3 phone (in otterbox case!) and it rocks.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow