Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to print from a tablet ( newbie )

We have pc on a wireless lexmark printer
    I installed the lexmark app
    What else do I need to do .....??

Posted via Android Central App

Default re: How to print from a tablet ( newbie )

Use the Polaris office suite that comes on the tablet. You can set up your wireless printer to print documents directly from the tablet, using Polaris

I use Printer Share from the Google Play Store. Works with anything that has a print option on my phone and tablet. It uses wifi.

I second printer share.

-g-

Polaris doesn't work with my wifi printer. I just tried the app recommended above, and it works! First time I've ever been able to print like this from an Android (or Apple device). Very pleased, and well worth the app price

Posted via Android Central App

OK, Y'all should get a commission from the Printer Share folks . Just tried it, and after getting used to a somewhat different interface, it actually does work well with both of my printers. My wifi DeskJet and my Networked hard wired Laser Jet. Very Nice. Used up the last of my Google Play credits from buying the Tablet. I like it because I can print to my sons printer once he installs the Printershare desktop (free) software.

Its kinda interesting how when you search for printers, it shows ALLLLL the printers registered with their servers, that have not been hidden by the users. Im not sure if I should hide mine or not, guess the worst that can happen is someone printing their stuff to my printers?

Have you guys hidden your printers or set the print rules ?

Can it find printers share over MS Home Network or is it limited to WiFi and LAN connected printers...

My printers are so old..... No Wifi, no LAN on my printers...

Dale

if your printer is attached to your computer, and is a working installed printer and you install the free printer share software on you pc or mac, it registers it as one of your printers on their server. My laserjet is not wifi, but when I installed the software on my desktop it's attached to, it saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    if your printer is attached to your computer, and is a working installed printer and you install the free printer share software on you pc or mac, it registers it as one of your printers on their server. My laserjet is not wifi, but when I installed the software on my desktop it's attached to, it saw it.
    And this is.....

I can see both my printers on ny MS Networked computers, but unaware what the "free printer share software " is....

Thamk You!

Dale

Referring to the software you need to install on the computer the printer is attached to

Ok... Its actually a free PrinterShare application installed in computers the printers may be connected to...

PrinterShare® Print it anytime, anywhere! FREE Download software!

Dale

Ya, that's kinda what I said, or meant :-D