How to print from a tablet ( newbie )

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Use the Polaris office suite that comes on the tablet. You can set up your wireless printer to print documents directly from the tablet, using Polaris

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Printer Share from the Google Play Store. Works with anything that has a print option on my phone and tablet. It uses wifi.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Polaris doesn't work with my wifi printer. I just tried the app recommended above, and it works! First time I've ever been able to print like this from an Android (or Apple device). Very pleased, and well worth the app price

Posted via Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
OK, Y'all should get a commission from the Printer Share folks :). Just tried it, and after getting used to a somewhat different interface, it actually does work well with both of my printers. My wifi DeskJet and my Networked hard wired Laser Jet. Very Nice. Used up the last of my Google Play credits from buying the Tablet. I like it because I can print to my sons printer once he installs the Printershare desktop (free) software.

Its kinda interesting how when you search for printers, it shows ALLLLL the printers registered with their servers, that have not been hidden by the users. Im not sure if I should hide mine or not, guess the worst that can happen is someone printing their stuff to my printers?

Have you guys hidden your printers or set the print rules ?

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Can it find printers share over MS Home Network or is it limited to WiFi and LAN connected printers...

My printers are so old..... No Wifi, no LAN on my printers...

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
if your printer is attached to your computer, and is a working installed printer and you install the free printer share software on you pc or mac, it registers it as one of your printers on their server. My laserjet is not wifi, but when I installed the software on my desktop it's attached to, it saw it.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
if your printer is attached to your computer, and is a working installed printer and you install the free printer share software on you pc or mac, it registers it as one of your printers on their server. My laserjet is not wifi, but when I installed the software on my desktop it's attached to, it saw it.

And this is.....

I can see both my printers on ny MS Networked computers, but unaware what the "free printer share software " is....

Thamk You!

Dale