Swiftkey with Spen?

khooker24

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have always liked swiftkey but I have a problem. With swiftkey enabled my pen isn't detected in something like email and there's no button like on the Samsung keyboard to bring up the writing space. Any thoughts? Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so first things first. This tablet has two handwriting modes: One that kicks in automatically in text fields (the little pencil pop-up that shows when you hover over the text field) or the one built into the Samsung Keyboard (the pen option on the settings key). The first shows up regardless of the keyboard you're using and the latter works only in Samsung Keyboard.

That being said, for some reason, some fields are NOT being recognized as text ones. E-Mail, unfortunately, seems to be one of them, so the first handwriting mode doesn't kick in and doesn't show the option to use it. SwiftKey, unfortunately, has no handwriting recognition mode, so unless they add that in a future version, you're out of luck (what I do is I just change keyboards when I need handwriting mode, go back to SwiftKey when I'm done).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad it helped, and hopefully Samsung will get the text field thing sorted out because it IS a great feature that's already built in.