Galaxy Note 10.1: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good bluetooth keyboard and mouse for the note 10.1 2014? I've read some keyboards work better than others. Looking to use these in combination with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

I don't have a mouse, but I do have the Logitech K 810 Bluetooth keyboard. I've never had any problems with it and the Galaxy Note 2014, or any device I've had it paired with.

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Love the look of that keyboard. A little more than I'd hope to spend but definitely tops on the list right now.

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

I've read that apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse work as well. I actually have my apple keyboard in a incase origami case. awesome case! I've actually had problems with my tablet with keeping a stable connection, but I think it's the tablet and not the keyboard itself. The tablet has gone back for the third time for repair of this problem.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it was $99 most places when I bought it a year ago but BB matched a $77 price I found on line. I love how it's backlit. Very sleek, connects up to 3 devices. Super light weight. I loved it so much that shortly after purchasing the K810, I bought it's big brother, the K800 desktop wireless backlit keyboard. Most comfortable keyboard I've ever typed on.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Funny I was just about to ask for a keyboard for my Note lol. I just bought the Logitech K810 recommended by you monicakm off of Amazon for $73.73 and but with taxes, a 2 year warranty for $6.34, and overnight delivery for tomorrow for $8.99 and with my employee discount the total was $80.44. Not bad :) so thanks!!!!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Funny I was just about to ask for a keyboard for my Note lol. I just bought the Logitech K810 recommended by you monicakm off of Amazon for $73.73 and but with taxes, a 2 year warranty for $6.34, and overnight delivery for tomorrow for $8.99 and with my employee discount the total was $80.44. Not bad :) so thanks!!!!
Cool! Please let us know how you like it! I thought I "needed" one. All my Apple friends used one but I didn't have a tablet yet. I found the K810 and thought I'd like to use it with my smartphone...and I did. LOVE LOVE that little keyboard :) Used it with my laptop and desktop from time to time. It impressed me so much I bought the larger wireless backlit K800. Very
comfy keyboard :) So I finally get the GN/2014 (for Christmas) and find that I don't use the keyboard that much. I'm very comfortable with the screen's keyboard :confused: Oh well, when the need arises, and it will, I'll have it :) And yes, for overnight and a warranty, darn good deal :)
Monica

singh360

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I looked at this in detail and went for the anker keyboard for android on amazon, lovely well built and useful. The k180 is very expensive in comparison. Mine works well so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Jeffrey622

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 is Tops!

Second posting regarding same issue, here's what I have experienced to date. First, I ordered a SHARKK Portable Fold-Up Stand- great product under $10. I like 'working' with the 2014 sans case and simply perched in the stand; coffee shop, kitchen, desk- couldn?t be better. Adding to this I ordered the Anker Ultra-Slim Mini Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Keyboard, +/- $24. Slim, lightweight- free of connect/ disconnect issues other have described using the case/ keyboard. I simply carry (traveling) an extra AAA battery (not a game changer). These two items allow me mobility and efficiency.

I have a MoKo Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Case ($16) which protects the device and doubles as a stand, but it is slightly on the bulky side. Nevertheless, I feel it keeps the day-to-day bumps and movements from damaging the device and the orange leather (my choice, its my Creamsicle coating on a white 2014!) looks great- lots of comments.

Last- I picked up a Jackery Giant High-capacity Premium Aluminum Portable Charger 10400mAh External Battery ($39)- need this for traveling as the 2014 sucks the juice. Yes, I can do more to save power but I am still learning, too lazy and have yet to review this great site more so as to implement secrets.

I have the 2014 since December- love it. Thought I would use the S-Pen more (hummm, honest moment here ...), but VERY happy its there when I need it.

If/ when I carry these items with the 2014, my messenger bags manages all perfectly. Very light, don?t know I have anything in the bag whatsoever. Better than ALL THOSE YEARS of carrying laptops weighing more than my first born and dealing with Microsoft.

Good luck.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I have the keyboard...love it so far. Except one thing. When I press shift+4 to make a $ symbol I get instead the percentage symbol. I read that certain settings have to be set up so what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Edit: ok so it only seems to happen within one app. I have the memoires journal app. It only happens with this app and its been happening since the keyboard bluetooth connection and it keeps happening in the app whether I use the K810 or my swiftkey tablet app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok so I have the keyboard...love it so far. Except one thing. When I press shift+4 to make a $ symbol I get instead the percentage symbol. I read that certain settings have to be set up so what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance

Edit: ok so it only seems to happen within one app. I have the memoires journal app. It only happens with this app and its been happening since the keyboard bluetooth connection and it keeps happening in the app whether I use the K810 or my swiftkey tablet app.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Glad you love it! Still working ok?

Jun Watanabe

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

The Apple does not support the function keys used by Android.

Sent via my Note 8

i'm also curious as to the specific function keys you speak of. the little testing i did, the apple keyboard's screen brightness, media control keys, and volume keys all worked.

superjoe95

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Originally it was looking like this guy was going on be the winner. I like that it's proped up a bit and that it comes with a case. Unfortunately it requires batteries for power and it's a bit more than what I'd like to spend on something I'll use occasionally.
http://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Keybo...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3484440

This is the one that's caught my eye. I like the slim profile and the fact that you can charge it with USB.
I don't like how it lays flat though and all that wasted space along the top.
http://www.amazon.ca/Ultra-Slim-Wir...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3484440