Update Android 5.1.1 to Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 tablet

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Need step-by-step instructions and download links to upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 to Android 10 or 11. I am not a techie, but can read.

I found a series of articles by a guy in India with some download links, but his instructions are convoluted and hard for me to follow because of the technical jargon. Looking for the Americanized Hemingway version.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to your retailer of choice (online or brick and mortar), find a tablet that will suit your needs, pay for it, receive it and set it up for use.

Seriously. That tablet is OLD at this point, it won't handle a modern version of Android with any sort of performance, it just won't be a good experience IF such a custom ROM (which is needed, the ROM needs to be built for the specific device model, you can't just go find an Android installer and update it like you might for Windows) exists.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The only way you will ever get Android 10 on that ancient tablet is if someone put in the time and effort to build a custom ROM for it in English meant for the United States. The odds of that are extremely slim as the hardware isn't even fast enough to handle new software features.

I'm confident you can find a ROM with newer software than what's on it, but Android 10/11 just isn't likely to happen. It's probably a better use of time to buy lottery tickets.