Where do downloaded files save themselves on the Galaxy Note 10.1 (I need to download & move a file)

museo

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Where do downloaded files save themselves on the Galaxy Note 10.1 (I need to download & move a file)

Hello

I'm hoping someone can help me, please.

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, for 18 months, and use it for much less than I'd hoped (mainly for FB, emails (via IE, rather than using an Email App), and for iPlayer, etc). Because I just can't work it out, I use it for 'play' rather than it being useful for any kind of work!!

However, I now need to download something and then move it to a different location (in fact, from 'wherever' it downloads, into my Dropbox account). Then I can use the downloaded item on any of my devices, mobile or otherwise.

I'm only attempting to do this on the Samsung, as I have been 'locked out' of the relevant account, on my laptop, yet I can still access the account, via the Samsung. So, this is my only option at the moment!!

How do I do that, please? Firstly, I don't know where a download would 'save' itself (if they 'save', at all), so, I can find the files TO move. Once I've found the files, I am hoping it will be simple to place them into Dropbox!?!

Is there an obvious place I should look for downloaded files, please? I have added a few directories/folders of my own, though not moved any which were already there.

Many thanks, for any help you can offer.

Museo :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Where do downloaded files save themselves on the Galaxy Note 10.1 (I need to download & move a f

You should see all your downloads in the downloads app that cam with the OS. There are some good file explorer apps in play that can help hunt down files. If you have Dropbox installed, when you hit share from the file you want to upload, there should be an option to upload to DropBox.

museo

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Where do downloaded files save themselves on the Galaxy Note 10.1 (I need to download & move a f

OK, thanks, I will have a look and see if I can work that out. It sounds easier than I thought! :)

snowman910

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site

I know this is an old thread, but I'll be looking for the same information when I forget, so I'm planting it here:

My Files/Device storage/clousdagent/cache/Dropbox

Cheers