SD Card Recommendation

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am a limo driver and spend several hours in the car waiting. I am wanting to rip some dvds to a sd card, and then watch them on my 10.1 2014 tablet while I am waiting. Once the movies are watched, I will delete them and record new ones to the sd card. Which Sd card should I buy? Are they all the same or should I look for one with higher write/read speeds? What type of sd card would you recommend?

PS...I would also like to be able to remove it and plug it into my windows 7 machine for transferring the movies to it so I will probably need a usb adapter or something. What is the best type of device to get if I will be plugging it in and unplugging it (both on the tablet and my windows computer) on a regular basis? The first DVD I am buying is season 1 of homeland. Is a 64gb sd card big enough?

Thanks for any advice

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although most well-known brands are pretty much the same in quality, SanDisk is known to have the best warranty. The more important thing is to get the card from a reputable store or seller, preferably a bricks-and-mortar store. Cards from random online sellers are higher risk for being counterfeit.

Class 10 is probably the standard for read-write speed, and should be more than adequate. The only kind of adapter you'd need is a microSD-to-fullsize SD adapter. Many microSD cards come with the adapter, but if you don't have one, they're very cheap to buy on Amazon or elsewhere. http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-micro...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4900766

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My Windows machine (XP - I know old) can direct write to tablet or card, through USB port, Windows just sees tablet memory and SD cards as extended memory such as a thumb drive....

Due to nature of MICRO SD card/slot I think I would rather leave it in tablet and just write to it, maybe slower but you can setup up transfer and go and do something and then come back later and disconnect....

Noname-3.jpg

Noname-2.jpg

Dale