Trade In Value at Best Buy

Raymond Hubbard

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity I went to the Best Buy website today just to see what my Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 edition) with 32 gigs of ram is. Best Buy will only give you $24.00 as a trade in. I did not want to trade in but a device bought 2 1/2 years ago cost $549.99 at Best Buy. This is worse than a car for depreciation.

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One major difference is that your car is going to be resold. The tablet is going to be recycled. Another problem is that the Note 10.1 is/was MASSIVELY overpriced. So it was never worth what it was going for in the store and it would have thus dropped about 70% value just by opening the box and using it - because there were better tablets available for far less money new-in-box. So it's worth very little to them compared to the original msrp, because they're going to get next to nothing out of it.

Beut

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Why you have to trade in when you can sell it on line ? The cheapest one I bought from Ebay is $100 and it's not working.
A working Note 10.1 can sell from $150 to $230 depending on conditions.
Just go to Ebay to see how much your Note can sell.
I have sold dozens of Samsung tablets via Craigslist to avod shipping cost as well as Ebay and Paypal's fees, it's free but you can sell for locals only. One best day, I can sell 3 tablets in an evening after work.

Last edited:

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Check e-bay, pricing is still up there and even units with broken screens are going for $100 or more and refurbished for $300+... Best Buy only wants your unit out of the market place so they can sell you new.....

Dale

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
One major difference is that your car is going to be resold. The tablet is going to be recycled. Another problem is that the Note 10.1 is/was MASSIVELY overpriced. So it was never worth what it was going for in the store and it would have thus dropped about 70% value just by opening the box and using it - because there were better tablets available for far less money new-in-box. So it's worth very little to them compared to the original msrp, because they're going to get next to nothing out of it.

What tablet was better and cheaper than the Note when it was released? I did some research prior to buying and I beg to differ. To date, the Note still holds up pretty well compared to other Android tablets.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member