I thought you can add any app to multiview in 4.1.2?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought I remember reading that somewhere. I tried to drag an apo to the bar on the bottom and nothing happens. Hitting edit on the bar only let's you remove or add apps already on the bar. Am i wrong or is it only available with custom ROMs?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought I remember reading that somewhere. I tried to drag an apo to the bar on the bottom and nothing happens. Hitting edit on the bar only let's you remove or add apps already on the bar. Am i wrong or is it only available with custom ROMs?

Sorry only works with few select apps, hopefully there will be me added in the future.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that link, Bryan Blake. I may try that in the future, but after flashing the German 4.1.1 and running smoothly for a couple weeks, the other day i spent 12 hours trying to get my GN back to stock U. S. ICS so I can update to JB 4.1.2. I had some problems, had to root, Triangle away to get everything "offical" and reset boundary count, then unroot. Problems along the way. A few factory resets. This was all new to me, but got everything straight now and got the update. I know rooting is easy now, just going to wait awhile before I start messing with that stuff again. Wish they would just do an update to let us do that. If the guys at xda can do it, why can't Samsung or Google?

bjbinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's link to a program for your desktop that modifies the orginal .apk to add almost any app to multi-view. You don't even need to be rooted unless you want to modify system apps. Works great.
[Tool] Add Multiwindow-option to almost every apk files - xda-developers

Here's another thread with apps that have been already run through this program, but you can do it yourself. I use an app backup to get the .apk file.
[APP] Multiwindow Apps - xda-developers

This works too, but you cant receive updates from the Play Store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo