Snote: So many ways to take Notes!!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It's been awhile since I've done it ilgal, but I do know you can import images into Lecture Notes. Go to the top right where it has the vertical row of three squares in the app, tap on that and you have the option to import an image. Then a screen pops up and gives you some choices, like dropbox, gallery, etc. I have the paid version though. So I would think you would just have to take a photo, then import the image into your Note. Which I'm sure you can do with multiview option without leaving the app Lecture Notes.

Just tried it. If you're in Lecture Notes, go to top and used the multiview icon (the Icon of two boxes overlapping), it will make the Lecture Notes app go to half the screen, then go to the camera app and take a photo, then hit Import Image and choose Gallery( or wherever you have the photo that is listed in the options it gives you), and choose your photo. It will import into the Note you're using. You can then resize. So yes, you can do it in Lecture Notes.

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
With the trial version of LectureNotes you can only create one notebook/import a PDF. The trial is literally just a trial and will not be able to import multiple PDFs, because that would entail creating more than one notebook. Although the full version is only 4.15$, which for me was very reasonable, you can create as many notebooks and import as many pdfs as you desire.

OK - I'll bite. I only have the trial version of Lecture Notes, and maybe this isn't possible, but can you take photos while in-note (as you can with S Note), and is it possible to import images? I haven't been able to find the menu option to so. I have enabled all the toolbar tools.

Thanks.

There doesn't seem to be a way to take photos in a live manner like S-Notes, but you can definitely import images. When you are in the open notebook, open the menu and choose 'import image' as seen here.

Then you are provided the option to choose from a variety of sources as seen below. Although I used Astro file manager for accessing files, because samsung's file manager doesn't to be implemented yet (although you can access images from gallery app).

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No problem Milessthomas, It's better most of the time to show in a pic like you're doing. Easier for some people to understand. Sometimes the typed out words aren't as easy to grasp as actually seeing the images of what to do. So thanks for posting. I actually prefer the way you do it. When I was flashing firmware and rooting my GN, the images posted on the XDA website made it easier to understand.

ilgal

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm blushing. I don't know how many times I pulled down that menu and my eyes never zoomed in on the Import Image. It's right there where it belongs. Sorry to make you post all those screen shots, but they are appreciated! I love user forums!!

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Lecture notes will import a multi-page pdf into a notebooks with one slide per page. From the notebook board, select menu, then "import a pdf as a new notebook." I have not experimented with adding multiple 'separate' pdfs into a single notebook.

Although I have added additional pdfs to a notebook. I did this by first creating a notebook made up of a single pdf with 35 pages. I then realized I needed to add a page to the original pdf, so I added a new notebook page in LectureNotes and used the drop down menu option "insert a pdf" to add the pdf to the last blank page.

Let me get back to you on importing multiple separate pdfs though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

stepheninkent

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if this has been said before but you were having difficulties in drawing hexagon
This may help! create a snote idea then insert image then the last option on the drop down menu is insert shape one of these was a hexagon. I found it when I was trying to work out how they did the "how do hybrid cars work ideas" if that helps you out

milessthomas

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
HOW - TO INCOMING:

I have figured out how to add multiple separate PDF files to one note series. I am going to making a screenshot series of how-to's starting with importing a PDF into Lecture Notes, then how to add another PDF to an existing notebook. Look on the main feed for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for this how-to, which I should have done soon.

bobstro

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
[...] There doesn't seem to be a way to take photos in a live manner like S-Notes, but you can definitely import images. When you are in the open notebook, open the menu and choose 'import image' as seen here.
If you want to snap a pic directly into Lecture Notes, you can configure it to let you select between the camera and gallery or file manager apps by selecting the appropriate option under Settings->Import->Import image setup. Not sure if that's exactly what you want, but I was happy to find it.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Lecture Notes allows you to export the file in pdf format, you select the application to read it the pdf file.

Sent from my Sprint Note 2 via Tapatalk.

tlmballarat

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can open two (2) S note files at the same time - split screen?

I have set up a file that is basically an agenda for up and coming meetings - I am adding to this list continuously. I then have another S note file that is my notes, which I use throughout the day. I would like to have both files open simultaneously so that I can ensure that I have covered all the agenda items and then be writing my notes on the other document. I don't want to have to go back and forth and remember which notes are attached to which agenda, if possible!

I cannot seem to make this happen. Any suggestions?

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
If I need snote open in two windows, I use snote in a window and smemo together. You can scroll down in the smemo using air veiw which gives you more room to write.
You can also export as a pdf, open pdf in Polaris or adobe reader and take notes on snote. Once done with new notes, screen capture each page of notes and insert into old note.

300pete

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Terran,

Firstly, "awesome thread"! Thanks for taking the time to share your discoveries :)

If you ever run out of things to investigate, here's one id love a solution for:

"Being able to export Snote sketch recordings in file formats compatible with ommonly used movie making programs, so I can create timelapse movies of drawings done on my Note 10.1 and captured using the Snote record function".

I have a need to do that now for a crowdfunding project I'm working on, but cant find a way to export the Snote file into iMovie or anything else :-(

So, if you ever get lost for ideas.............

Cheers :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa