How To SYNC Snote with Internal SD card, External SD Card, and Dropbox At the Same Time

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Part ONE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zKQQLwtOHE

Part TWO: The proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coe3DFxIx2k

Directions:
Download Dropsync. It may have to be the pro-version. ( I am not sure.)
1. Open dropsync settings. Click on synced Folders, then add synced folder.
2. Search through folders to find your storage folder; then Select internal SD card.
3. Scroll to find Snote, and then select this folder if you want all SNOTES Synced to Dropbox; press Select to continue.
***Alternative Option for Step 3:Select a folder with in the SNOTE folder to sync one folder containing snotes instead of linking all your SNOTEs***
4. Select the Dropbox folder that you would like to sync your SNOTES to; click select.
5. Now choose TWO-WAY for sync method.

***CAUTION: Two-way syncing means if you modify or delete an SNOTE on your tablet, it will be automatically modified or deleted from dropbox and vice verca. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU MAKE A TESTING FOLDER AND SNOTE TO LEARN HOW TO USE THIS FEATURE AND/OR BACK UP ALL NOTES. I warn you because I deleted half of my notes on accident, but had backups. (No harm done =] ) ****

6. Go back to the settings of Dropsync; and Select add folder again.
7. Find the storage folder again; Select storage folder.
8. Select EXTERNAL SD CARD (not internal), and choose a folder you want to sync; press select once you found your folder.
9. Now, you will be able to choose which file you want to sync with Dropbox. *** You must sync your External SD card WITHIN the Folder you selected to sync to your INTERNAL SD card in
step 4. THIS STEP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT! Save to a folder within the internal SD card dropbox folder you chose in step 4***

10. Once your dropbox folder has been Selected; then Select TWO-WAY syncing method again.

You are finished now! Yay.

*Just be really careful of the Two-Way syncing. Please become familiar with this method of syncing before you attempt to sync all of your notes this way. Good Luck.*
Once you sync, you should see a folder in your SNOTE application that is linked to your drop box, internal SD card, and External SD card.
Feel free to ask questions, I will be on this site regularly.

~Terran

Last edited:

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I really hoped the video helped explain how to sync everything together. I love playing with my tablet and filming videos for youtube. It is the biggest stress relief. :D Thank you all for all the compliments. If anyone else can explain this better than me, please do. :)

Last edited:

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
What do you have your autosync at? 5 mintues? An hour?

Thanks for the videos.

Mine does not seem to be auto syncing.

Last edited:

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Finally managed to do it thanks to the wonderful Terran - however, something has occurred to me about the 2 way sync & it's this - we sync to Dropbox & extSD to have copies off our stuff right? As the sync is 2 way, I.e. any changes either side automatically get changed on the other. So, if for some reason the S. NOTES unfortunately get deleted on your device, then surely they disappear from Dropbox at the same time don't they? Or am I missing the bleeding obvious somewhere?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Finally managed to do it thanks to the wonderful Terran - however, something has occurred to me about the 2 way sync & it's this - we sync to Dropbox & extSD to have copies off our stuff right? As the sync is 2 way, I.e. any changes either side automatically get changed on the other. So, if for some reason the S. NOTES unfortunately get deleted on your device, then surely they disappear from Dropbox at the same time don't they? Or am I missing the bleeding obvious somewhere?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

No. They would be deleted.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am using Drop Sync to sync my s-notes with my N2 and 10.1. I have mine dry on auto sync and it works seamlessly. The delete is pretty instantaneous, si make sure before you delete.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
There are more advanced ways you can use drop sync. I will show you how to manipulate the Dropsync system to make backup copies of your notes while sharing your notes between the 3 storage units, I will be making more videos about this subject. Always remeber to make backup copies of SNotes on your desktop or other reliable source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38