can you change the internal storage to the SD card on a samsung galaxy S5 phone?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Possible you could but against it as SD cards are prone to failure, Freezes, slower write speed compared internal storage.
That device will is considered unsafe and vulnerable to security threats , apps will stop being compatible and carrier wont support on their network. If you can upgrade to something newer

ragtimegary

Nov 29, 2023
Visit site
I've used all my 16 G of storage on my S5 phone. Can you have this internal memory moved to the SD card.
I sympathize. I love my S5. However, my internal storage is full too so I cannot add any apps. Wish there was a work-around. I am only using 13 G of my 60 G SD card. Will probably just wait until 4G is decommissioned like 3G was to upgrade.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I sympathize. I love my S5. However, my internal storage is full too so I cannot add any apps. Wish there was a work-around. I am only using 13 G of my 60 G SD card. Will probably just wait until 4G is decommissioned like 3G was to upgrade.
Welcome to AC!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Welcome! 😃🤟 And how the heck have you got an S5 to last so long? Does it have a replaceable battery? I forget lol.

Reactions: mustang7757