Best case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1?

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a case for my Note, but I'm looking for something specific.

I primarily use my Note for drawing, writing or taking pictures.

I'm looking for something that will protect my screen when I'm not using it (when it's in my bag) but won't just flap around when it's open; that makes writing and drawing so awkward, not to mention taking pictures!

Being attractive isn't a downside, either.

Anyone have a case like this? I'm completely at a loss and I've been looking for months.

Anyone know of a case like this?

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I'm looking for something that will protect my screen when I'm not using it (when it's in my bag) but won't just flap around when it's open; that makes writing and drawing so awkward, not to mention taking pictures!

Anyone have a case like this? I'm completely at a loss and I've been looking for months.

Original Note or 2014 edition?

from a Note III

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I got this case when I first got my N 10.1 and love it.http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/204992-samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-book-cover.html (you might have to scroll down the page, I have pictures) The Note can be in landscape or portrait and has a few different options for slant so it can adjusted if there's a glare on the screen. It's starting to show signs of wear around the edge and the inside has gotten a bit dingy because I smoke and ashes have gotten rubbed in. I tried a case that was supposed to rotate with a keyboard and online it looked as sturdy as my original. It wasn't! I was so disappointed but I kept it for the keyboard. So I've ordered another case from the same vendor Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Stand Leather Case For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-Inch N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (Red): Computers & Accessories and will just carry the keyboard tucked inside.

SophyQ

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I bought the rooCase for the Galaxy Note 10.1. I forgot which model I have, but it is the one made in 2012.

Amazon.com: rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover for Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 - Support Landscape / Portrait View (NOT Compatible with Galaxy Tab 2 10.1): Computers & Accessories

I recommend this case if you know you have no intentions of wanting a case that caters to the tablet's keyboard docking device.

I bought this one, it's pretty good for travel. It kind of smells when you first get it, but the smell fades and it protects my tablet really well. :D
Cons:
-Gives only a horizontal / one angle stand
-Not configured for keyboard

Pros:
-Durable
-Detachable from case, and comes with a leather skin that you velcro into the tablet
-It looks more like an accountant's book, people are less likely to steal it
-Great for people who hate flaps
-Worth its price

It comes with a zipper, but you don't carry the case with the whole pad. I personally can't stand flipping cases all the time. So this works out fine.

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Considering this IS the forum for the Original Note 10.1 I don't know why you needed to be asked whether you meant the 2014 edition. Moving on.......I LOVE the Book Cover from Samsung. It's a very mild protection level that does cover the screen, but would pose a problem if you take a lot of pictures with your Note.

For more protection, I also love my Otterbox Defender. It's exceptionally bulky but it offers amazing protection and allows my 18 month old to use it safely. It offers everything you mentioned but it's quite pricy.

Any suggestions on what you do to take good pictures with this thing? I've taken about 10 in the last year because they look so horrendous. I would love some suggestions that you might specifically be aware of that make the camera worthwhile.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Any suggestions on what you do to take good pictures with this thing? I've taken about 10 in the last year because they look so horrendous. I would love some suggestions that you might specifically be aware of that make the camera worthwhile.

Use a phone with a better camera built-in or use an actual camera. The camera on this thing is mediocre at best. I only use it when I'm bored.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Use a phone with a better camera built-in or use an actual camera. The camera on this thing is mediocre at best. I only use it when I'm bored.

Thanks but i'm already well aware of that. I was asking OP because they indicated that they take many pictures with this thing so I was curious what they use or do to make their pictures acceptable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty