Best Smartphone for someone that doesn't use the camera

Wismito

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post in this forum, and my english is rusty, sorry in advance.

I'm looking for a Smartphone, max 800€ , I watch/read reviews of new devices, but they usually focus on the camera.
In my case it's rare that i take a photo with the phone. Thats why what i want is something with good performance and good software without taking the camera into account.
¿What would you recommend for someone like me?

Thank you in advance for your recomendations

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are so many options out there that it would be helpful to know any other criteria that are important to you. Also, what region do you live in?

The OnePlus 11 is probably worth considering. There are also powerful phones from companies like Xiaomi, Oppo, and their subsidiaries like Realme or Poco, but these can be saddled with some annoying bloatware as well as overly aggressive RAM management built into the firmware.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Wismito

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
I've been rewriting this post for a while, as it says its inappropiate or contains spam.
I use an A96 from Oppo, i looked at s23 and it was too small for me.
I need performance for work and games and my screen size preference is min 6.3 inch
Don't need wireless charging but would welcome it and i dont like Xiaomi (previous bugs with MIUI and dont want to risk it anymore)

Edit: I live in EU (spain)

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
Take a look at Motorola phones. They are probably the closest to pure Android other than Pixel, though they are not known for outstanding camera performance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at Motorola phones. They are probably the closest to pure Android other than Pixel, though they are not known for outstanding camera performance.
Motorola phones are also primarily midrange or budget. There might be one or two models that provide close to flagship performance, but it can be challenging to figure out which ones.

Wismito

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
I'll have to wait until Oneplus 11 with 16gb RAM gets a discount, as soon as i can get it in Spain at less than 800€ i probably will get it
Or would you say 8gb is enough to work smoothly with remote controls, massive spredsheets, etc?
Edit: I've checked Oneplus website and its already saying oneplus 12 is out in january, so maybe i wait 1 month, probably oneplus 11 will go down in price by then

Last edited:

Kai Archer

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
If you're not really into cameras, the OnePlus 10T might be your vibe. It's got that slim design, Gorilla Glass 5, and a cool 6.7" Fluid AMOLED display. Running on the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, it's reliable for your everyday stuff. Plus, the 4800 mAh battery and super-fast 150W wired charging mean it can handle whatever you throw at it.

Reactions: Mr. Lucky