Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Note 8.0?

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys and girls, new to the forums!

Although i'm new to these forums i am an active user on different forum sites, so i know rules for searching threads to find my answer first before posting, but i couldn't find anything that answers my question effectiveley!

P.S this is NOT relating to the Note 10.1 2014 edition!
So, tonight i will be purchasing either the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 OR the 8.0.

There is a price difference here in the UK of about ?50, the Note 8.0 being cheaper.

Basically, the main use of the tablet is to edit photos and take notes, i know that the Note 10.1 comes with Photoshop Elements pre-installed so my first question is: Does the Note 8.0 come with Photoshop pre-installed aswell?

Secondly, the screen size. What are your thoughts about editing photos with the S-Pen on a 8inch screen vs a 10.1inch screen?
Main reason for this question is that obviously the 10.1 is larger, so gives more room for fine edits. But the 8.0, being a smaller screen but with the same resolution, will be slightly sharper and more detailed.

Lastly, whats the 10.1 like for portability? Is it as portable as the Note 8.0?

I'm really stuck as to which to go for, it's between these 2 and no others.

Thanks in advance!

Kris :p

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

I've had both tablets and both are nice. In the US the 2012 Note 10.1 comes with Adobe Photoshop Touch for Tablets, which is pretty nifty once you get used to it. Using the S-Pen to do this kinda work makes it a lot of fun because its very precise. I preferred the Note 8.0 because it was big enough to be highly luxurious for working on and consuming content but small enough to hold and go anywhere without feeling heavy. The Note 10.1 does have those nice forward facing speakers but I still prefer the Note 8.0.

Further, yes the tablets have the same screen resolution of 1280x800. This looks much better on the Note 8.0, IMO, than on the Note 10.1. All in all I'd recommend the Note 8.0 over the 2012 Note 10.1 based on my experiences with both.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have and use both, though each excels at specific functions. Consider size, weight, how long to hold, and so forth.

Via my Note 3

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys and girls, new to the forums!

Although i'm new to these forums i am an active user on different forum sites, so i know rules for searching threads to find my answer first before posting, but i couldn't find anything that answers my question effectiveley!

P.S this is NOT relating to the Note 10.1 2014 edition!
So, tonight i will be purchasing either the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 OR the 8.0.

There is a price difference here in the UK of about ?50, the Note 8.0 being cheaper.

Basically, the main use of the tablet is to edit photos and take notes, i know that the Note 10.1 comes with Photoshop Elements pre-installed so my first question is: Does the Note 8.0 come with Photoshop pre-installed aswell?

Secondly, the screen size. What are your thoughts about editing photos with the S-Pen on a 8inch screen vs a 10.1inch screen?
Main reason for this question is that obviously the 10.1 is larger, so gives more room for fine edits. But the 8.0, being a smaller screen but with the same resolution, will be slightly sharper and more detailed.

Lastly, whats the 10.1 like for portability? Is it as portable as the Note 8.0?

I'm really stuck as to which to go for, it's between these 2 and no others.

Thanks in advance!

Kris :p

I have the 10.1 and carry it everywhere in a rotating case. I've also taken to carrying a small lightweight keyboard that came as a removeable keyboard in another case. It fits easily into my purse or carried by hand. I use the multi-view screen a lot for searching the web and keeping notes/pictures/info in S-notes. If you think you might like to do that, really consider the 10.1. When you split the screen for multi-view, it's nice to have a large screen so it's not like looking at two really small screens especially if you need to type or write on a virtual keyboard. And you're in the UK? You can get a 10.1 that's also a phone if I remember right! I think that would be just awesome, like REALLY having your cake and getting to eat it too!!!