Move file from PC to Tablet - should be simple but isn't

banquomd

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I know this should be simple, but for some reason it is not.

I want to copy files from my PC (older machine running Windows XP) to my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 edition.

I connected the USB cable from the PC to the tablet.and I got a message on the PC about "Portable Devices" - my options were "Open" "Sync" and "No Action"

I selected "Open" and I got a new window looks like an explorer window but it shows nothing on the tablet - I mean absolutely nothing - just a blank white rectangle.

I looked online and there seemed to be some "magic" with older Galaxy 10.1 tablets where the user had to set the USB correctly on the tablet. I looked and the option described does not seem to exist on current 2014 tablet.

I know I am probably making this too hard, but a simple "step-by-step" instruction list would overcome many frustrations.

Thanks,

Stephen

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I know this should be simple, but for some reason it is not.

I want to copy files from my PC (older machine running Windows XP) to my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 edition.

I connected the USB cable from the PC to the tablet.and I got a message on the PC about "Portable Devices" - my options were "Open" "Sync" and "No Action"

I selected "Open" and I got a new window looks like an explorer window but it shows nothing on the tablet - I mean absolutely nothing - just a blank white rectangle.

I looked online and there seemed to be some "magic" with older Galaxy 10.1 tablets where the user had to set the USB correctly on the tablet. I looked and the option described does not seem to exist on current 2014 tablet.

I know I am probably making this too hard, but a simple "step-by-step" instruction list would overcome many frustrations.

Thanks,

Stephen

Have you updated drivers for your PC? You can either search for them online, or, you can download Kies from Samsung's site (it is similar to iTunes) and part of the install process is to install drivers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty