down loading photos from sd card to Galaxy Note 10.1

Kim Anderson-O

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I would like to use my note 10.1 when I travel to down load photos from my camera's sd card. I have purchased a connector for a full size sd card but I cannot see the files from the card. What am I missing? I'm getting very frustrated.
Thanks

Kim Anderson-O

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
The adapter is from samsung . Yesterday I was able to get some of the photos im my picture file by copying and then pasting, but I honestly can't remember how I did it. Noe when I connect the reader with a sd card nothing shows up. I have done this kind of thing on an I pad and the second the card reader is connected the pictures appear. That has never happened with this tablet. I have had to look around in files. But at this point I'm so frustated I cant remember what I did the time it worked. I have tried to look in the on line manuel and I have found no information about usinf a card reader.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, OK... Well, if you were able to do it before then it's not a driver or compatibility issue. As for the 'Auto Play' function, that might be different on this tablet than it is on an iPad.

On this tablet you can go to "MY FILES" and you should see videos, images, music, etc. in different sections or you can select 'All' and browse to the SD Card reader (it should show up as an external memory drive).

Or you can also download a 3rd party File Explorer like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager, but I don't think either of those can 'auto open' the card's content upon connecting.

Also, you SHOULD be able to see your pictures (at least after a few moments after you connect the reader) in your Gallery app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty