2012 ROM Option(s)/Collection(s)/Experience(s)

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to start a thread of links and experiences flashing a KitKat ROM ... Especially given that Samsung appears to have erased the 2012 Note 10.1 US from their memory.

If folks have tried things, or have links to good tutorials with repeatable steps to get the 2012 updated so we can actually use apps that are quickly becoming incompatible with 4.2.1 perhaps our frustration will be quelled a bit and we can get another year out of our $500 brick.

Posted via Android Central App

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Both ... I'm looking for primarily this one, and the links, from folks who've done it before, googling it tends to uncover a few options and I'd rather get first hand suggestions.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Overall, CM isn't bad. Can possibly have quite a few bugs, but not bad. SlimKat might have your device, possibly CarbonROM, or even Liquid smooth.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Much thanks!

I found and tried the GnaboROM:

http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...alaxy-note-10-1-quad-multi-windowair-command/

And rooted with SuperSU and using Google Launcher as home app.

Thus far its amazingly faster than running stock with Nova Launcher and I finally can write notes without launching the settings launcher or the "bottom panel" launchers.

G+ and other apps work again using latest updates.

So far so good, debating jumping before I customize too much to another 4.4.4 but I'm not greedy at the moment, its nice to have a tablet back that isn't a POS just because of software updates.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes snote works just fine, the air command cones up, it was easy to install, its 4.4.2 but hey apps work and rooting the device was super easy and got me much added performance tweaks.

I use Papyrus mainly, and the pen is smooth, never choppy, and its like a brand new tablet. Just more proof you don't need 3G RAM to run AOSP ... Its all the bloatware that eats things up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87