[AT&T] Okay I've Rooted Now What

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Slingbox for giving me the courage to do this. It was way, way easier than I ever thought possible.
The phone is working fine as is. I've already removed some of the bloatware i.e. at&t navigator. Why would I pay for a service that I can get for free from google or WisePilot that is a one time fee for the life of the phone and works great!!!! Even Mapquest does a great job.

At any rate, now it's time to install a custom rom or is that flash a custom rom. I've got cleanrom 3.3 dogeared but want to explore my options. I want the best rom that will give me multi tasking etc. I've also seen Omega Rom but it keeps saying its for 7100 which is the international version so not sure about that.

Basically, I like go launcher because you can transition screens in different ways. I guess I like the flashy stuff but then again, I could do fine with just plain touch whiz.

So I'm looking for custom rom referrals which are stable, easily used by techno idiot and has the bennies of multi-tasking etc, ability to store apps on sd card, etc.

Also, if I were to install cleanrom 3.3 could I still run go launcher over it as I do touch whiz???

These are the directions for installing clean rom. ?Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
?Copy ROM to storage (that I did with titanium which is twerp right or is that goo manager)
?Reboot to Recovery (How do I do that)
?Recommend Factory Reset in Recovery!
?Flash ROM and Select Options!
?Reboot to System
?Profit!
I had troubles finishing this post so the rest is in the next post. Thanks in advance.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Okay I've Rooted Now What

For some reason, I'm having troubles with post. So here is another one to finish up the original post. How is a factory reset done, how do I flash the rom, etc. I'm just not sure I understand the directions. I'm nervous. So far I haven't "bricked" my phone and I'd like to keep it that way. :)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

A facory reset is don3 inside twrp. Just download goomanager from the playstore. That will install twrp for you. Goomanager also has boot to recovery option. Twrp is the recovery.

Now that you are rooted copy the cleanrom ov3r toit. Just put the zip file in a folder in the goomanager folder. Goomanager can install the rom for you

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

How do I put it in goomanager??? Do I download it to my computer and then hookup and transfer to goomanager on my phone.

A facory reset is don3 inside twrp. Just download goomanager from the playstore. That will install twrp for you. Goomanager also has boot to recovery option. Twrp is the recovery.

Now that you are rooted copy the cleanrom ov3r toit. Just put the zip file in a folder in the goomanager folder. Goomanager can install the rom for you

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Also what about contacts & such. Will those be copied over?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I rooted and flash the ROM last night and running CleanROM 3.5 with help watching some Youtube videos.....
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/236419-t-galaxy-note-2-how-root-3.html

I posted that in "***How to Root***" thread right after I followed those steps and it works perfectly!!
This was my very first rooted and flashing on a phone and was to nervous to do it as well because this is my very first Android phone that is only 3 weeks old!
I watched these videos a couple of time to grasp the idea of "rooting" and "flashing" before doing it and went for it. If you downloaded the right files and carefully
watch these videos you cant believe how easy it is to do!! Now I'm enjoying a bloat free, fast, all the features Galaxy Note 2 thanks to these videos.:D;)