Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stratofactor
  • 1 Post By Markus Sundqvist
  • 1 Post By universeand
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default remove tab at side of all menus

    How can I get rid of this totally rubbish feature?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails remove tab at side of all menus-2012-11-02-21.50.13.png  
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    press and hold back button on home screen.
  3. #3  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    At least I wasn't the only one with this problem.

    If this thing had a name on it we could search with it would have been so much better. Something like three threads on this "thing" so far.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    At least I wasn't the only one with this problem.

    If this thing had a name on it we could search with it would have been so much better. Something like three threads on this "thing" so far.
    I thought the title was okay. This feature does allow you to have two apps up at once which is a nice option to have. I just don't like the little tab being there the whole time.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Long press on the back button to activate multitasking and the same to remove the tab

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by alikoyyy View Post
    Long press on the back button to activate multitasking and the same to remove the tab

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, I worked it out. Thanks. It's actually quite useful to have it accessible, just don't want it there the whole time.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Oops sorry. I see you answered your own question. Just looked at the last reply!

    And I agree it does get kinda annoying to have that tab there all the time

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by alikoyyy View Post
    Oops sorry. I see you answered your own question. Just looked at the last reply!

    And I agree it does get kinda annoying to have that tab there all the time

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, it's fine when you know how to get rid of it though :-)

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by alikoyyy View Post
    Long press on the back button to activate multitasking and the same to remove the tab
    If that button always there while you are using the multitasking feature? Or is there some waty to hide it when two apps are open?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    No it doesn't always need to be there. Just hold the back button to get it up, choose the apps, hold the back button to hide it again. It is pretty good.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
  11. #11  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by charlieegan3 View Post
    I thought the title was okay. This feature does allow you to have two apps up at once which is a nice option to have. I just don't like the little tab being there the whole time.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums
    I meat that when you encounter this thing on the phone there is no name on it to look up to figure out how to turn it off. No title, no settings menu for it nothing. People are getting a little confused with it.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    So how do I get it on the side? It is at the top of the screen.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    hold and drag
  14. #14  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Thanks so much!
    charlieegan3 likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u
    charlieegan3 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    A problem with the multi-window feature is that the tab sometimes pops up in an application and if you long press the Back key to make the tab disappear that undesirably may also exit you from the application not just get rid of the tab.

    I like having the multi-window feature, but for multi-tasking (which multi-window is intended to promote) I get more mileage out of switching between apps using the task screen that appears when you long press Home key button. Did you know that you can go to the app you just left by long pressing the Home key by touching the watermark of that app that dimly appears behind the line of open tasks? This helps especially if you forget the app you were in before long pressing the Home key.
    Last edited by universeand; 02-19-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    charlieegan3 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by universeand View Post
    A problem with the multi-window feature is that the tab sometimes pops up in an application and if you long press the Back key to make the tab disappear that undesirably may also exit you from the application not just get rid of the tab.

    I like having the multi-window feature, but for multi-tasking (which multi-window is intended to promote) I get more mileage out of switching between apps using the task screen that appears when you long press Home key button. Did you know that you can go to the app you just left by long pressing the Home key by touching the watermark of that app that dimly appears behind the line of open tasks? This helps especially if you forget the app you were in before long pressing the Home key.
    IDK if its different on the Verizon version since they changed a lot of the little quick setting tabs in the Notification Drawer, but on the far right we have a Multiwindow selector that turns the feature off. The back button still works to show or hide the tab, but you can also use that selector.
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by VetteDude View Post
    IDK if its different on the Verizon version since they changed a lot of the little quick setting tabs in the Notification Drawer, but on the far right we have a Multiwindow selector that turns the feature off. The back button still works to show or hide the tab, but you can also use that selector.
    Thanks for reminding me of that quick way to toggle multi-window versus going to Settings->Display->Multi-window. But I'd still like to be able to keep multi-window enabled and not have the tab pop up at times when I don't want it to.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    At least I wasn't the only one with this problem.

    If this thing had a name on it we could search with it would have been so much better. Something like three threads on this "thing" so far.
    "Multi-window"
  20. #20  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    sorry i dont understand the multi tasking bit, removal of tab and retrieving the tab fine but how do you multi task ? regards , paul
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    ok, so you show the tab . then press it, then drag the apps out onto the rest of the screen. Dragging one out will fill the screen, then dragging another makes them both fit at half size. See here:
  22. #22  
    jdub1981's Avatar

    Posts
    1,363 Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by paulisgrim View Post
    sorry i dont understand the multi tasking bit, removal of tab and retrieving the tab fine but how do you multi task ? regards , paul
    Are you wanting to know how to use multiwindow or multitask? They are not the same thing. Multi window is described in the video above and multitasking is just used to quickly switch in and out of currently running apps. To the do the latter you just hold the home button for a few seconds and a screen will pop up showing all of your currently open apps just touch one and you will be taken straight to it

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  23. #23  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    It works once but it keeps coming back? How do you get rid of it forever. I don't want to turn it off over and over and over and over . . .
  24. #24  

    Default Re: remove tab at side of all menus

    Quote Originally Posted by actionmoviefrea View Post
    It works once but it keeps coming back? How do you get rid of it forever. I don't want to turn it off over and over and over and over . . .
    Holding the Back button only hides or unhides Multi Window. To turn it off completely, either hit the toggle in your notification panel or go into Settings > Display & uncheck the box for it.

    Sent from T4 in my N2

Similar Threads

  1. Can't find "all messages" icon at bottom of screen with ICS?
    By jasonvancouver in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-17-2012, 01:09 AM
  2. gold fash at top and bottom and sides of web pages
    By arctic388 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
  3. How To: Remove (Almost) Every Trace of AT&T
    By kpenning in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
  4. The coolest thing of all...
    By brittonx in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 01:59 PM
  5. Comparison sheet of ALL the Android phones?
    By sniffs in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

B