*newbie to Android* PC and Kies does not detect Note 2, please help. :'(

Elaine Chan

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I've just purchased a Galaxy Note 2 few days back and I've been able to connect to my PC once using the original cable and I was able to transfer songs and stuff (not using Kies). However today I try again and the PC does not detect my phone, and when I pull down the notifications panel it doesn't have the "connected as media device" options, but it charge it though. I even do factory reset on my phone and try again but my pc still cannot detect my Note 2. So I installed Kies thinking it would solve the problem but even Kies cannot detect my phone. :(

What could be the problem? I am very happy with my new phone but this problem bothers me alot. Can someone please help? :(

AaronSmart

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I belive its a Kies issue after the last update?

Kies worked once on wireless when I downloaded it but now it doesn't. I have to use usb.

If that's your issue I'm guessing the next update will solve it.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Android Central Forums

Peter Freeman1

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 would not connect with Kies either. There was simply a bleep from the phone, but no on screen recognition, when I connected the usb cable between the Note 2 and the PC. I came across the Samsung App Smart Care, ran it on my Note 2, clicked Diagnose Problem/USB/Samsung Kies/USB connection mode/Settings. This opens up the USB PC Connection menu and I clicked Media device(MTP). My Note 2 now recognises a usb cable being plugged in and connects to Kies. I haven't yet worked out how to access the USB PC Connection menu directly from the phone Settings menu rather than via the Smart Care App. Must be in there somewhere.

gspam1

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If all else fails, try a cold boot. Shut the computer completely off and then restart it. Windows have never quite dialed in control of the USB ports, and I have had this issue with multiple computers and devices with every version of Windows.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I saw on the Samsung web site that the N2 is not compatible with Kies. It suggested a direct connection or Kies Air.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jitjinsu

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
some one please help: my s3 is not getting updated using kies... says pc unable to detect the phone, i tried uodating after removing all other usb s but still cant update. please help

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
It did once work on my note 2. Then after that, it stopped. It complaining that it can't detect the hardware Identity of my note 2 is what causing the problem. If it can't tell what identity it is, then it won't help. Apparently Samsung haven't release the very specific driver for Note 2.

It stop mounting my phone storage through mtp on win7 after third time.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Gerrie 123

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Try to update Kies.

Klik here

Works with me on win7 64

note2lg.jpg

Tan Geok Lin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I hv completed the installation of kies in my PC but when I connect my note2 the system is not able to detect my Hp. This is so frustrating. Can you pls help :(

Juanita Hiscock

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Try closing out of Kies, then connect your Note 2 via usb cord to your computer (WiFi does not work for the Note 2). Make sure that your computer recognizes the Note 2 by check your file directory. Then start Kies. I was finding that my computer was still installing the drivers for the Note 2 and therefore, Kies was not seeing it.

4fool

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Try closing out of Kies, then connect your Note 2 via usb cord to your computer (WiFi does not work for the Note 2). Make sure that your computer recognizes the Note 2 by check your file directory. Then start Kies. I was finding that my computer was still installing the drivers for the Note 2 and therefore, Kies was not seeing it.

Juanita, did you get confirmation from somewhere that Kies over WiFi does not work for Note 2?

I am having this issue, and it is a big let down, having just bought the Note 2.

Update:
Solved the problem that I was having - firewall issue. See my post here.

Last edited:

Anu Shamaiah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I've just purchased a Galaxy Note 2 few days back and I've been able to connect to my PC once using the original cable and I was able to transfer songs and stuff (not using Kies). However today I try again and the PC does not detect my phone, and when I pull down the notifications panel it doesn't have the "connected as media device" options, but it charge it though. I even do factory reset on my phone and try again but my pc still cannot detect my Note 2. So I installed Kies thinking it would solve the problem but even Kies cannot detect my phone. :(

Even I m also facing the same problem .:-\

What could be the problem? I am very happy with my new phone but this problem bothers me alot. Can someone please help? :(

My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 would not connect with Kies either. There was simply a bleep from the phone, but no on screen recognition, when I connected the usb cable between the Note 2 and the PC. I came across the Samsung App Smart Care, ran it on my Note 2, clicked Diagnose Problem/USB/Samsung Kies/USB connection mode/Settings. This opens up the USB PC Connection menu and I clicked Media device(MTP). My Note 2 now recognises a usb cable being plugged in and connects to Kies. I haven't yet worked out how to access the USB PC Connection menu directly from the phone Settings menu rather than via the Smart Care App. Must be in there somewhere.

Rx_

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
What amazes me is the lack of informational instructions or concern for the Note II.
Have re-installed Kies twice now. How many thousands of customers have wasted hours?
The web is full of examples for the Settings needing some value. Even an example of kies working once the battery is taken out and replaces.

How about addressing the problem with Kies software? Or at least recommend an alternative program for the sake of good customer relationships?

Rx_

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Just did full uninstall, reboot, full re-install. Doesn't work at all! No error, nothing presented that a real application would at least be helpful with.

Customers have a right to know Samsung isn't supporting the Galaxy Note II. I propose posting a story to CNET soon so the hundreds of other users with problems can know Samsung doesn't support the Note II.
What kind of Company is Samsung to pull this stunt? Thousands of people wasting hours.
We just want support for a product we bought! Shunning customers is not acceptable behavior.