Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Default Re: One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSY TEXAS CHICK View Post
    ...even with my font set to "tiny, i only get about 7 lines of info....

BTC
    The font size option in settings does not apply to the notification area. You could cset your font size to Huge and your notification area woukd look exactly as it does now.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

Not a major problem but I can't get my hotmail email account to work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

no auto correct on Samsung stock keyboard. can't believe they left that out, i know galaxy s3 has it.... don't know why itz not present in this phone

it seems like international version and Korean version have auto correct though... so hopefully it will be fixed with a firmware update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Only two complaints so far:

1) lock screen is slow to come on after pushing home or power button. I hit either and see a black screen for a few seconds.

2) It keeps telling me I'm removing my memory card and that it's blank. It fixes itself but then does it again. I ordered a 64 gb from Amazon so hopefully no more issues.

Other than that, this phone is amazing. Still getting used to the size coming from s3, but i love all new features.

Quote Originally Posted by hoichung79 View Post
    no auto correct on Samsung stock keyboard. can't believe they left that out, i know galaxy s3 has it.... don't know why itz not present in this phone

it seems like international version and Korean version have auto correct though... so hopefully it will be fixed with a firmware update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Ya and the samsung keyboard does not have arrows to move the cursor forward and back. What is up with that?
    What also bothers me is the screen is so large that others around you feel the need to read your text messages over your shoulder! That pisses me off.

Those incredibly annoying TouchWiz home screen indicator dots. Can't get rid of them, and it takes up an entire row. Big waste of screen space, and one of the main reasons I installed Nova Launcher, even though I give up S-Pen functionality.
    jbomb11 and scorpiodsu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
    Not a major problem but I can't get my hotmail email account to work.

What app are you using? I tried the default email app with the live.com option & it didn't work for me. Then I tried the "other" option & it worked fine.

yea I tried the stock app, I'll try the other option. Just tried other and it still didn't work.

I love my Note 2 but if I have anything to complain about it would be the S-Pen not working with the Menu / App Drawer / Back buttons. I've gotten in the habit of using the pen all the time and it's a usability issue when you have to re-adjust how you hold the phone so you can press those damn buttons with your fingers instead of the pen. Is there a solution for this? (like software key of some sort?)
    Metro2033 and jesuguru like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquahiker View Post
    I love my Note 2 but if I have anything to complain about it would be the S-Pen not working with the Menu / App Drawer / Back buttons. I've gotten in the habit of using the pen all the time and it's a usability issue when you have to re-adjust how you hold the phone so you can press those damn buttons with your fingers instead of the pen. Is there a solution for this? (like software key of some sort?)
    When the S3 came out I loved Samsungs use of capacitive Menu and Back buttons and the single actual home button but now with the Note 2 and the number of times I use the S-Pen it is getting kind of annoying when I'm so used to tapping all over the screen with the S-Pen and then accidentally tapping the back or menu button with it to no avail.

It's not the end of the world, just a very minor annoyance. This is probably my only complaint with the phone so far other than still occasionally running into comfort-ability levels when holding such a large phone for an extended period of time.

I wouldn't trade it for anything though.
    Metro2033 likes this.

If I had to pick one thing I hate about my gnote2 at the moment, it's how the widget list takes FOREVER to load, and once it does it tends to lag a lot :P Makes me avoid playing with widgets as much.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I hate that I only have 1.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

One more thing that's annoying is that I want to use Swiftkey but i'm forced to use the default keyboard because I want the ability for the keyboard to automatically detect when I have the S-Pen out and switch to handwriting mode. I use handwriting mode quite a bit so physically going into settings and choosing the default Samsung keyboard and then opening the handwriting pane everytime I need to write something (i.e. text messages, facebook posts, twitter posts, webpages, forum posts, etc...) would be too annoying so Swiftkey lays dormant sadly.

I may switch back to Swiftkey once flow comes out but I'd really like it if the developers could allow for handwriting mode AND even one-handed operation mode. Come on Swiftkey, help us Note 2 owners out!

Quote Originally Posted by 113 View Post
    One more thing that's annoying is that I want to use Swiftkey but i'm forced to use the default keyboard because I want the ability for the keyboard to automatically detect when I have the S-Pen out and switch to handwriting mode. I use handwriting mode quite a bit so physically going into settings and choosing the default Samsung keyboard and then opening the handwriting pane everytime I need to write something (i.e. text messages, facebook posts, twitter posts, webpages, forum posts, etc...) would be too annoying so Swiftkey lays dormant sadly.

I may switch back to Swiftkey once flow comes out but I'd really like it if the developers could allow for handwriting mode AND even one-handed operation mode. Come on Swiftkey, help us Note 2 owners out!
    Thanks. I was contemplating on downloading the Swiftkey app but now I don't want to anymore because I use the voice to text feature and handwriting feature a lot too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Home button is a real button. Gps or the nav isnt accurate. .. I missed 4 turns already! Ive had 3 out of 8 dropped calls.
    I feel bad writing anything since this is the best phone I've had yet

Purely software issues which i guess most would be...

1. Love the handwriting recognition but wish it at least attempted to auto space...

2. Not sure if it's just me but the stock keyboard doesn't seem to be allowing me to add words to the personal dictionary. Even tried adding them manually but it still doesn't recognize them.

3. Really should have made a way for more/all apps to run in multi mode. I know there's a mod floating around out there but i just don't have much of a desire to mess around these days... Plus i don't want to lose any of the S Pen functionality.

4. My favorite pdf editor sees the difference between the s pen and my finger which is actually great and could lead to some amazing functionality but it just flat out doesn't work with the S pen... all i can do is move the page around with it Not the GN2's fault but still an annoyance...

Quote Originally Posted by Storm over Krynn View Post
    love everything bout the phone...........except the screen size. I truly hate 16:9, whether its on T.V. or a Tablet. But its worse on a phone cause I happen tu hold it in portrait mode most of the time. , if only Samsung would stretch the screen way more out towards the bezel or juss make the phone wider. I juss hate a narrow screen when in portrait mode. Im dyin tu see the specs on the G-Note 3
    You don't like 16:9 even on a TV? Uh? Guess you don't care for HDTV or movie theaters? Also, it's a good thing they made the phone narrower. It's easier to hold. It's also a change they made based on feedback from the Note 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Those incredibly annoying TouchWiz home screen indicator dots. Can't get rid of them, and it takes up an entire row. Big waste of screen space, and one of the main reasons I installed Nova Launcher, even though I give up S-Pen functionality.
    I actually really like those dots (only have three total for the three screens, deleted the others). I find it a lot easier and more convenient to hit the middle one with my finger (or S-Pen) to get back to the home screen instead of having to move down off the screen and press the physical home button which also requires more force requiring you to grip the phone harder so it doesn't fall out of your hand. That's really the only thing that bothers me about the phone. I would've preferred a capacitive home button.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

The power button. I keep hitting it by accident.

Quick glance...not sure if it's just my phone or what but it takes a good 5 seconds after hovering my hand over the sensor. Not so quick, it's easier to just hit the home or power buttons.
    jesuguru likes this.

I just hate the fact that you cant disable the shutter sound on the camera, so I'm about to download a silent camera app, then I wont have anything to complain about anymore. Surprising I have adapted to the power button quite fast. I was trying to press it on my EVO when I realized that is at the top on the EVO, so I have no problem with the power button

Speaking of the camera, I hate having to re-enter my preferred picture settings every time I open the camera. It always resets itself.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

The only thing I really hate is the dam location services icon always on, no way to disable.

ROM
    Whomp 4.2/Perseus 36.3

Quote Originally Posted by borgdog View Post
    The only thing I really hate is the dam location services icon always on, no way to disable.

Quote Originally Posted by weber022676 View Post
    Speaking of the camera, I hate having to re-enter my preferred picture settings every time I open the camera. It always resets itself.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    I just hate the fact that you cant disable the shutter sound on the camera, so I'm about to download a silent camera app, then I wont have anything to complain about anymore. Surprising I have adapted to the power button quite fast. I was trying to press it on my EVO when I realized that is at the top on the EVO, so I have no problem with the power button
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabooly View Post
    The power button. I keep hitting it by accident.

Quick glance...not sure if it's just my phone or what but it takes a good 5 seconds after hovering my hand over the sensor. Not so quick, it's easier to just hit the home or power buttons.
    These issues alone would annoy me enough that I may reconsider getting one.

From an Eclipsed GNEX

Quote Originally Posted by Theot View Post

From an Eclipsed GNEX
    Don't get me wrong I love the phone! Op was just looking for one annoying thing, had to come up with something.

Tokio_Love likes this.

From an Eclipsed GNEX
    well to make you feel a little bit better, i went on a worldwide search to disable shutter sound, turns out all new phones *supposedly* now have this feature for privacy laws, not taking pics of ppl without their consent, pssh watevs, i still hate it

From an Eclipsed GNEX
    yea like borgdog said, the phone is awesome. i have no regrets. everyday is an adventure with this phone. there's always some cool feature u discover that you didn't know you had. Definitely worth buying!
    Metro2033 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast