One thing bout G-Note 2 that really, really bothers u

Foolo

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
gn2 makes me have a lot fewer choices on my future smartphone purchases, got spoiled by the battery life, screen size, external sd card...

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is the bug that sets default keyboard back to the stock Samsung keyboard after power cycling or battery pull. I just find it annoying since I'm running 2 batteries so I do a battery pull about once a day.
I love everything else about my Note 2, best device ever without a doubt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
My only complaint is the bug that sets default keyboard back to the stock Samsung keyboard after power cycling or battery pull. I just find it annoying since I'm running 2 batteries so I do a battery pull about once a day.
I love everything else about my Note 2, best device ever without a doubt.

Sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced that problem.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I haven't experienced that problem.

Sending from my White Sexy Galaxy Note 2.

I have seen a few other complain about it. I like the samsung keyboard but the ability to create and use autotext in smart keyboard pro is a must for me.

hoichung79

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
no auto correct on Samsung stock keyboard. can't believe they left that out, i know galaxy s3 has it.... don't know why itz not present in this phone

it seems like international version and Korean version have auto correct though... so hopefully it will be fixed with a firmware update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

johnnyb0725

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Only two complaints so far:

1) lock screen is slow to come on after pushing home or power button. I hit either and see a black screen for a few seconds.

2) It keeps telling me I'm removing my memory card and that it's blank. It fixes itself but then does it again. I ordered a 64 gb from Amazon so hopefully no more issues.

Other than that, this phone is amazing. Still getting used to the size coming from s3, but i love all new features.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
no auto correct on Samsung stock keyboard. can't believe they left that out, i know galaxy s3 has it.... don't know why itz not present in this phone

it seems like international version and Korean version have auto correct though... so hopefully it will be fixed with a firmware update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Ya and the samsung keyboard does not have arrows to move the cursor forward and back. What is up with that?
What also bothers me is the screen is so large that others around you feel the need to read your text messages over your shoulder! That pisses me off.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Those incredibly annoying TouchWiz home screen indicator dots. Can't get rid of them, and it takes up an entire row. Big waste of screen space, and one of the main reasons I installed Nova Launcher, even though I give up S-Pen functionality.

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a major problem but I can't get my hotmail email account to work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

What app are you using? I tried the default email app with the live.com option & it didn't work for me. Then I tried the "other" option & it worked fine.

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
yea I tried the stock app, I'll try the other option. Just tried other and it still didn't work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

aquahiker

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 2 but if I have anything to complain about it would be the S-Pen not working with the Menu / App Drawer / Back buttons. I've gotten in the habit of using the pen all the time and it's a usability issue when you have to re-adjust how you hold the phone so you can press those damn buttons with your fingers instead of the pen. Is there a solution for this? (like software key of some sort?)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my Note 2 but if I have anything to complain about it would be the S-Pen not working with the Menu / App Drawer / Back buttons. I've gotten in the habit of using the pen all the time and it's a usability issue when you have to re-adjust how you hold the phone so you can press those damn buttons with your fingers instead of the pen. Is there a solution for this? (like software key of some sort?)

When the S3 came out I loved Samsungs use of capacitive Menu and Back buttons and the single actual home button but now with the Note 2 and the number of times I use the S-Pen it is getting kind of annoying when I'm so used to tapping all over the screen with the S-Pen and then accidentally tapping the back or menu button with it to no avail.

It's not the end of the world, just a very minor annoyance. This is probably my only complaint with the phone so far other than still occasionally running into comfort-ability levels when holding such a large phone for an extended period of time.

I wouldn't trade it for anything though.

Chase Tucker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
If I had to pick one thing I hate about my gnote2 at the moment, it's how the widget list takes FOREVER to load, and once it does it tends to lag a lot :p Makes me avoid playing with widgets as much.

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
One more thing that's annoying is that I want to use Swiftkey but i'm forced to use the default keyboard because I want the ability for the keyboard to automatically detect when I have the S-Pen out and switch to handwriting mode. I use handwriting mode quite a bit so physically going into settings and choosing the default Samsung keyboard and then opening the handwriting pane everytime I need to write something (i.e. text messages, facebook posts, twitter posts, webpages, forum posts, etc...) would be too annoying so Swiftkey lays dormant sadly.

I may switch back to Swiftkey once flow comes out but I'd really like it if the developers could allow for handwriting mode AND even one-handed operation mode. Come on Swiftkey, help us Note 2 owners out!

dealnerd00

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
One more thing that's annoying is that I want to use Swiftkey but i'm forced to use the default keyboard because I want the ability for the keyboard to automatically detect when I have the S-Pen out and switch to handwriting mode. I use handwriting mode quite a bit so physically going into settings and choosing the default Samsung keyboard and then opening the handwriting pane everytime I need to write something (i.e. text messages, facebook posts, twitter posts, webpages, forum posts, etc...) would be too annoying so Swiftkey lays dormant sadly.

I may switch back to Swiftkey once flow comes out but I'd really like it if the developers could allow for handwriting mode AND even one-handed operation mode. Come on Swiftkey, help us Note 2 owners out!

Thanks. I was contemplating on downloading the Swiftkey app but now I don't want to anymore because I use the voice to text feature and handwriting feature a lot too.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Home button is a real button. Gps or the nav isnt accurate. .. I missed 4 turns already! Ive had 3 out of 8 dropped calls.
I feel bad writing anything since this is the best phone I've had yet

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2