EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Do we get free 50gb drop box with this Phone? I read that we do but I installed dropbox and got nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to Samsung.com, creating or logging into your account, and then registering your phone. If I recall correctly, that's what got me the extra free DropBox storage (it took me up to 50GB), which only lasts for two years. I have a Sprint GN2, not sure if the free DropBox storage varies by carrier.

alikoyyy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I registered my phone, will I automatically get the 50gb dropbox or do I need to do something else?

Didn't have to register before I got the extra 48gb. Dropbox sent me an email. In another thread like this someone mentioned that this extra storage isn't available on some carriers. AT&T if I recall correctly.

(Edit: I checked and yes it's AT&T. And Verizon. )

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Well I have Verizon and never got any email and registering my Phone did nothing also.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Registering your phone will do nothing other than get you a 50% off coupon for all official Samsung accessories on Samsung's website.

The free Dropbox storage is not offered for AT&T or Verizon users. AT&T and Verizon blocked it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
From the Dropbox.com help pages: https://www.dropbox.com/help/297/en
Is my Samsung phone eligible for the free space promotion?

If you have a brand new Samsung phone with Dropbox already installed, you may be eligible to earn 48GB of free space for up to two years. Here's how:
Complete Get Started

The most common reason people have not yet received their free space is because they have not yet finished the quests on the Get Started tab. To claim your extra space, complete five of the seven quests from Get Started. Please note, some steps require your desktop computer.
Is Dropbox pre-loaded?

Dropbox must be pre-loaded on your new Samsung phone to be eligible for the promotion. The first account that signs up will get 48GB of free space, provided you have completed Get Started. Each account is only able to claim this promotion once.
Non-participating carriers

Select carriers have opted-out of the promotion on phones otherwise eligible. Among those not currently participating are:
United States: AT&T, Verizon
Japan: NTT DoCoMo
Korea: SK Telecom
Grrrrr :( :'(

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
after you register, you have to do a few other things in order to get it like install it on your computer, add a file to it, add to another computer in the house. They want you to chat about it on FB or Twit or a fe other things. They list 7 things and want you to do at least 5 of them. Most of it is stuff you'd have to do anyway as far as installing and logging on.

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I am on USC and got my bonus Dropbox space when I setup Dropbox on my phone.

How do I register my device with Samsung to get the coupon? I don't remember anything popping up to ask me to when I setup the phone.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Android Central Forums

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on USC and got my bonus Dropbox space when I setup Dropbox on my phone.

How do I register my device with Samsung to get the coupon? I don't remember anything popping up to ask me to when I setup the phone.

This is how I got my bonus storage from Dropbox as well. To register your device, you must first create an account and once logged in, there is a register a product button to your right

Create an account here

cobaltmarie

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I tried to register but it's not accepting the IMEI as a valid serial number.
Is that what you used as your serial?

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I tried to register but it's not accepting the IMEI as a valid serial number.
Is that what you used as your serial?

I inputted the Hex Number that you can find on the inside of the device when you remove the battery

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
For all of you having problems remember to use the IMEI number found under the battery. Samsung says NOT to use the one found on the box.

Not sure why this is being discussed in the Dropbox thread though when there is a thread set up asking if people are getting their Samsung coupon.

MajorAttitude

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Installed an international rooted rom and received the extra 48gig from drop box. Wasn't looking for extra and already had 30 gigs.

Sent from Note II... size Magnum!

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I had to do (after signing in to Dropbox on my USCC N2) was log into the Dropbox website on my browser, then go into Settings and Bonus Space. From there, it had a list of things I needed to do to get the free space, which included installing on my PC. It added the free space automatically after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa