- 2 Posts
HELP! Text Notifications Play Outloud During Phonecalls
Hello. I have a custom ringtone for my notifications and while in the middle of a phone call if I get a text message it will start playing.
The notification/ringtone is a clip from a song I extracted using "Ringdroid", it's really frustrating and interferes with my phone calls.
Because it is playing out loud, I cant hear what the person I am conversing with is saying. PLUS, they can hear the ringtone too!!!
How do I change the settings so that during phone calls, text messages just vibrate, instead of playing the ringtone. Is this possible?
Or, am I going to have to change my settings back to default where the text notification is one that came with my SAMSUNG GALAXY
NOTE 2!!! I love this device
- 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM #2
- 275 Posts
Re: HELP! Text Notifications Play Outloud During Phonecalls
In the Phone display, tap Menu/Call Settings/Call Alert, and uncheck "Alerts on call". This will eliminate the audible alerts but will not let you set it up to vibrate.
But if you use GO SMS (free), it allows you to do exactly what you're asking. There is a checkbox each for "Sound on calls" and "Vibrate on calls". I believe Handcent (also free) lets you do the same thing.
- By stas333 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: Today, 01:22 PM
- By gamorale in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2012, 09:34 AM
- By aoswald86 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2011, 08:29 PM
- By Huffdaddy1982 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 6Last Post: 06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
- By reddogjd in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 04-11-2010, 11:49 AM