Any Favorite Slim Form Cases For Note 2?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Note 2 for my wife. I have the DNA. She's looking for a slim case for the phone which will provide some protection against minor drops but nothing big and bulky. Saw the Mercury Slim-Fit case on Amazon and it looks like it would fit the bill. Please note, she's not looking for a case with a flip cover or one with a kickstand.

Any recommendations or feedback on the Mercury case?

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the Mercury tpu cases at a store in person. They seem okay but all the colors had a sort of glitter/shimmer finish to them that I didn't like. Your wife might not mind it?
I'm more partial to hard cases, so I just bought a elago g6 slim case in blue from Amazon for $10. They come in black, grey, white, green, rose and blue. I've heard some good things about their cases so I'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the Elago slim case and a few minutes after I put the order through, I saw the Mercury case. I ended up canceling the Elago and ordering the Mercury because....from what I can see from the pictures......the Mercury covers ALL of the top and bottom of the phone unlike the Elago which exposes the ends. I'm still looking for a more sturdy, protective case though. Haven't found a rubberized case thats quality made yet. The Casemate POP2 is not quality either!

Last edited:

Coug

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I started with the speck clam shell and it added to much bulk for me. Went the other extreme and got a Spigen Ultra Thin and it looked sharp and was very thin, but I worried that it might not provide much protection. Next was the Samsung case and I agree with gafly, I love it. Very little bulk and it has more protection than the Spigen case.

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Fosmon case from amazon $3.44 shipped. .. im totally impressed with this thin case. Its a harden rubber and fits 100% . It got awesome reviews and that's why I bought it. Id buy it over n over again if I had to. Its a great buy!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Heifzilla

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm rocking the Candyshell Speck case that is sold only through at&t stores. It's hot pink and grey and doesn't add much bulk to the phone. It also adds a nice lip to the front so you aren't resting the glass on a table if you place the phone on a table face down.

Sent from my Note 2

Last edited:

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Speck Candyshell is on mine. Black outer shell/gray inner skin. Very well made and looks great.

I belive this is the same case that is supposed to be only available at AT&T stores, but I bought mine at a Verizon retailer. Paid $25

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Those cases are actually very sturdy, doesn't have to be $40 to be a good case. Most ppl on here have already shattered the phone. dropped my phone plenty of times and Its perfect. So talk about my cheap cases all you want, my phone is doing just fine :p