Need protection for Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 - can't find REAL non-commissioned recommendation/reviews

cginn73

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi. I just got my wife the watch 3 for her birthday because she somehow lost her fit 2 pro while we were on the bike recently. She is very worried about damaging/breaking it, because she works her butt off doing alot of manual labor for 10 hours straight, setting up/working at the food pantry she is the lead volunteer at.

Since she does alot of things like carrying heavy wood pallets, carrying heavy boxes, unloading the truck, etc, she wants a good protector for the screen (that still allows the screen to perform like normal of course), plus any other possible protection for the watch, that is needed (that is in an **"affordable" price range). She has looked quite a bit for REAL recommendations or 1st-hand user reviews, but surprisingly she said nearly every site are only affiliated non-tested recommendations.

I'm not sure what protection is available for it, but I'd prefer it to not look tacky or too bulky/god-dy. But beggars cant be choosers lol.

Thank you very much for your time & assistance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully I gave enough info on her scenario to help. Any recommendations on reliable extra protection for her Watch 3 is greatly appreciated.

P.S. She wants to get a little bigger of a band than the pink leather band that came with it. Plus she doesnt want to ruin it, & save it for special occasions. She said alot of the band that shes seen that are more daily wear safe, have been cheap-looking or not anymore durable than leather is. So if you have a recommendation that might fit on her a band, I'm all ears too.

**She doesnt like spending alot of $ for something that isnt much better than something 1/2 the cost. To add to it, things are a little tighter than norm due to having to spend $$$ last week for a car since her tranny blew. So "Affordable pricing range" doesnt mean it has to be the very cheapest, but it cant be 3x that either (unless it is REALLY that good).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Thank you for registering and including so much detail, time and thought in your question.

While I understand your skepticism in reviews, I unfortunately am going to point you right back at reviews. YouTube reviews give the viewer both a cosmetic look at the product as well as some real world information about the product. They are also required to divulge if the review is sponsored so no false, hey this product is great, when it is only great because I'm being paid to show you this. Reviews, even bashing reviews, usually have information in them about pricing and where to find them, which may not always be the best pricing but finding the product is sometimes the challenge.

I tried looking but could not find a forum for the Galaxy Watch 3 in our list of forums but perhaps I overlooked it. This would be a great question to ask other smart watch users so perhaps @B. Diddy or @mustang7757 can check to see if we have such a forum and move your question to a place with more specific traffic.

In the meantime, welcome again and best wishes.

cginn73

Oct 26, 2021
Visit site
Yes, if there is a place this would fit in better at, then I am all for a mod moving it to the appropriate place.
I know Amazon usually has pretty much anything phone/watch related, so I know usually to check there for a specific accessory or whatever. She said there's lots of stuff about so-called hacks & tricks (which are the normal watch functions usually lol) about the watch everywhere & she finds some stuff about options for style change, but just apparently all the recommendations & reviews shes found are from people more worried about if their watch matches perfectly with their earring(s) or shoes, than they are about getting their hands dirty (from a thing called work), & it still be wearable next week too. lol
Thank you very much for the help/response. I appreciate you taking the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. Thank you for registering and including so much detail, time and thought in your question.

While I understand your skepticism in reviews, I unfortunately am going to point you right back at reviews. YouTube reviews give the viewer both a cosmetic look at the product as well as some real world information about the product. They are also required to divulge if the review is sponsored so no false, hey this product is great, when it is only great because I'm being paid to show you this. Reviews, even bashing reviews, usually have information in them about pricing and where to find them, which may not always be the best pricing but finding the product is sometimes the challenge.

I tried looking but could not find a forum for the Galaxy Watch 3 in our list of forums but perhaps I overlooked it. This would be a great question to ask other smart watch users so perhaps @B. Diddy or @mustang7757 can check to see if we have such a forum and move your question to a place with more specific traffic.

In the meantime, welcome again and best wishes.
No watch 3 forums

encelle111

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just wish AC would divulge if their reviews are commissioned. Many clearly are but AC is silent on the issue. Oftentimes you can figure it out by seeing if you can leave a comment. If you can't, it's commissioned because they don't want any criticism of a sponsor. Like the watch from anywhere stories which endorse VPN companies.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I just got my wife the watch 3 for her birthday because she somehow lost her fit 2 pro while we were on the bike recently. She is very worried about damaging/breaking it, because she works her butt off doing alot of manual labor for 10 hours straight, setting up/working at the food pantry she is the lead volunteer at.

Since she does alot of things like carrying heavy wood pallets, carrying heavy boxes, unloading the truck, etc, she wants a good protector for the screen (that still allows the screen to perform like normal of course), plus any other possible protection for the watch, that is needed (that is in an **"affordable" price range). She has looked quite a bit for REAL recommendations or 1st-hand user reviews, but surprisingly she said nearly every site are only affiliated non-tested recommendations.

I'm not sure what protection is available for it, but I'd prefer it to not look tacky or too bulky/god-dy. But beggars cant be choosers lol.

Thank you very much for your time & assistance. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Hopefully I gave enough info on her scenario to help. Any recommendations on reliable extra protection for her Watch 3 is greatly appreciated.

P.S. She wants to get a little bigger of a band than the pink leather band that came with it. Plus she doesnt want to ruin it, & save it for special occasions. She said alot of the band that shes seen that are more daily wear safe, have been cheap-looking or not anymore durable than leather is. So if you have a recommendation that might fit on her a band, I'm all ears too.

**She doesnt like spending alot of $ for something that isnt much better than something 1/2 the cost. To add to it, things are a little tighter than norm due to having to spend $$$ last week for a car since her tranny blew. So "Affordable pricing range" doesnt mean it has to be the very cheapest, but it cant be 3x that either (unless it is REALLY that good).

SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Pro] Series Case for Galaxy Watch 3 [45mm] 2020 Release, Rugged Protective Case with Strap Bands (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09698W4J...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU7006275

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d