How to transfer files from a USB jump drive or digital camera to your Note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is a quick tip on how to transfer pictures, videos, files, etc. from a USB jump drive or digital camera to your Note 2.

On my Google Nexus 7 tablet, I use an OTG cable and the Nexus Media Importer app from the PlayStore to transfer files from my USB jump drive and digital camera to my Nexus 7. I was excited to see this work with my Galaxy Note 2. I tried it on my previous Android phone, but it didn't work. OTG cables are fairly inexpensive. You can pick one up online for a few bucks.
I can transfer files from my digital camera by using the USB cable that came with my camera, plugging it into the OTG cable, then use the Nexus Media Importer app to read or transfer the files. I also have a portable SDcard reader that works as well. This allows me to remove the SDcard from the camera to transfer files. This will come in handy while on vacation. I can take pics with my digital camera, then upload and share them with family and friends.
Being able to read files from my USB jump drive will come in handy as well.
The more I use this device, I'm starting to use my Nexus 7 and iPad less.
Hope this info helps anyone who was trying to find a way to transfer files to their device.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I found that OTG support is built into the Note 2. On my Nexus 7, I have to use the Nexus Media Importer app to read flash drives. On the Note 2, the app isn't needed.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I found that OTG support is built into the Note 2. On my Nexus 7, I have to use the Nexus Media Importer app to read flash drives. On the Note 2, the app isn't needed.

Thanks Xopher. I didn't realize that. Great find.
I remember when users hated Touch Wiz. Now it has a better user experience than stock Android.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I am one of the hate touch wiz crowd. Can't wait till someone comes out with a bone stock ROM for the note 2 to make it more like my nexus 7.

I don't use my Nexus 7 much after using the Note 2. The pull down notification shade in stock Android on my Nexus 7 drives me nuts. It rarely stays open like it should. Always bouncing back up and closing.

Angry_American

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just use clean rom and opt out of the touch wiz options

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I am waiting to make sure I don't have hardware problems before I root, I figure about 30 days then I will root. Also looking for that perfect ROM that is basic bare bones android with s-pen and all share capabilities. Trust me its all I can do to wait. My Nexus 7 has 7 running processes, my N2 has over 30 right out of the box, drives me nuts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38