Nova Launcher

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone. Not sure if this was covered in another forum or not. Love my GN2. Got it launch day on Verizon. Previously, I had a Razr Maxx, Thunderbolt, and OG Droid. Having used all the different versions of Android, I can pretty much deal with Sense, Touchwiz or Blur with no big deal. I purchased Nova Launcher a while back while I still had the Razr Maxx. If I install it on the GN 2, do I lose any functionality of the GN2 at all? Are there any issues with the GN2? Any S-pen issues or functionality lost? Speed, memory, things like that. I know it has great reviews in general, but there aren't may on the Google Play store for the GN2. Thanks.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Nova and I can't think of anything I am giving up, just things that are better. S-Pen, hold down back button for multi-window, pop-up note, etc all still seem to work. I set it up so that a double tap on any open screen area opens Google Now, which I really like and I set up opening of 2 apps with 1 icon.

I say go for it. You can always toggle back to TW if you see something you don't like.

foppa78

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I seem to still have all of the functionality except for the Touch wiz widgets. The only one that I used was the calendar widget so I miss that.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't really think of anything missing. It works great and is nice and smooth.

Thing is though like you said you don't mind Touchwiz Sense etc, so why even replace the launcher? Is there a certain customization you're after? Otherwise I can't think of a reason to have two launchers running on your phone when you can get away with only needing one.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I run Nova Launcher on my note 2.

Love it and I am not missing out on anything. It all works.

The best part of Nova is the swipe action and folder action.

Sent from my beastly Verizon Note 2.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I use nova on all my devices. It allows me to have nothing at all on the home screen. Seeing as I currently own all Galaxy devices, I have Galaxy pack live wallpapers on all of them. Here's my current home screen on the note. Keep in mind it's the only one I have.

http://db.tt/ZBmoZL2G

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums.

If I have been helpful to you, please go to the store, buy a bunch of beer, and send it to my house.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Nova Prime on my GN2. You only lose some widget that is for TouchWiz only but it not a big deal. Nova is just a home launcher, it should function the same as TouchWiz as the other home launcher.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Thors3ye

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually every widget works EXCEPT the S-Planner widget, which sucks. I really liked the s-planner widget. But supplementing another widget will still lead you to the s-planner app. Anyone found a way to get the widget to work with nova?

Sent from my GT-N7100

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually every widget works EXCEPT the S-Planner widget, which sucks. I really liked the s-planner widget. But supplementing another widget will still lead you to the s-planner app. Anyone found a way to get the widget to work with nova?

Sent from my GT-N7100

That is the odd thing. I mean on TouchWiz as a default home, when I detach my pen out of my phone. They have this icon showing up in the notification bar. However on Nova as home, it just disappeared. One thing I did discover that if I went to TouchWiz then detach my pen then switch it to Nova, the icon still there. Then I put it back in and detach it again, the icon will reappear in the bar. Until I restart my phone then it gone until I do the same process in TouchWiz

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2