One UI or Nova?

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Been a while since I've been with Samsung. Has the UI gotten any better or are people still using Nova? Also if you do load Nova...are you losing ant of the AI features?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Nova launcher simply because I can not deal with the horizontal app drawer. All this customization but you take that away and won't give it back in Home Up app.

Some other things I like better with Nova. More icons on screen and shortcut bar.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Been a while since I've been with Samsung. Has the UI gotten any better or are people still using Nova? Also if you do load Nova...are you losing ant of the AI features?
Short answer: Yes to the first question and No to the second. Those Ai features are baked into the OS along with OneUI.

OneUI is a huge improvement over TouchWiz. Nova is still very popular and is also a really good launcher. I am going to add Microsoft Launcher to that list. It is also a very good launcher. I have used all three. My preference is Microsoft Launcher.

Both OneUI and Microsoft Launcher are free with all of the bells and whistles. Nova you have to pay for all of the bells and whistles. Microsoft Launcher requires a Microsoft account.

If you stick with OneUI you'll have a great, solid launcher. If you switch to Nova or Microsoft Launcher, you will have a great, solid launcher and still have the AI features.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nova Prime.

I want to stick with One UI but I need my Icon Packs. It's honestly the reason why I use launchers.
I'm pretty sure you can get icon packs working on One UI, but I believe you have to jump through some hoops with Good lock and theme park.

If there's a way that's a bit less hassle, hopefully someone will chime in with it.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can get icon packs working on One UI, but I believe you have to jump through some hoops with Good lock and theme park.

If there's a way that's a bit less hassle, hopefully someone will chime in with it.
You can use icon packs on One UI using Good Lock. I'm team Nova Prime but I need Good Lock to apply my Icon pack to everything like the edge panel.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Past couple of years been using the native launchers on my phones. Haven't used Nova for a while and have been happy with One UI on Samsung phones, same with Pixel happy with Pixel launcher. Especially from the time OneUI added the Google feed on the left, that's a must for me.

I'll also download Nova and give it a test ride, since it's been a while

Last edited:

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime - I always give the native launcher a shot at first to see if it can satisfy my needs (wants really) but then I inevitably go back to Nova. Good lock does have the ability, in one of it's modules, to have vertical scrolling in the app drawer...at least I remember reading it in the description. I also HATE horizontal app scrolling. Makes you wonder who ever thought that horizontal scrolling was a good idea...that somehow it was better than every other phone in existence???

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I observed (previously as well), when I install the nova Google companion app for adding the Google feed on Nova, Google feed stops working on native launcher. Not sure why that happens and I hate that.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nova Prime - I always give the native launcher a shot at first to see if it can satisfy my needs (wants really) but then I inevitably go back to Nova. Good lock does have the ability, in one of it's modules, to have vertical scrolling in the app drawer...at least I remember reading it in the description. I also HATE horizontal app scrolling. Makes you wonder who ever thought that horizontal scrolling was a good idea...that somehow it was better than every other phone in existence???
I think that got broken with the One UI 6 update... not sure though as I don't use One UI home and I actually prefer a horizontal paginated app screen.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used Nova in years. Not sure I would remember how now.
Yea, I'm there with you. I used Nova Prime for years but went back to One UI (I don't even remember why). Going back now would mean starting over with Nova Prime and the whole learning curve. I would do that but, so far, haven't found a good enough reason to do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000