samsung calendar marking wrong day as today

chadrph

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what would be causing my calendar to show up with the wrong day marked as today when I go into list view. This is happening on my note 2 and my wife's s3.

Attachments

• 2013-01-15-22-18-49.png
    2013-01-15-22-18-49.png
    550.8 KB · Views: 65

chadrph

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Time zone is set correctly. I even tried forcing it to always use local zone in settings and choosing eastern time zone but no luck.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Weird... mine didn't do that, neither does my fiancee's s3... I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

In the notification bar, what date does it say?

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

chadrph

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Paid more attention to this once my wife pointed it out. The day marked today is correct until 7pm then it moves ahead a day. My notification bar shows correct day and time. So I am guessing it is a time zone issue but not sure where it needs to be changed as forcing calendar to est time zone did not fix the problem.

chadrph

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I also downloaded the google calendar and it marks the day correctly so it must be something to do with the samsung calendar skin

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked time zone on both the calendar app and the main phone settings? By my math, it should be gmt-5 (east coast?)

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is weird... I'm on an International Note 2 and that doesn't happen (it happens a lot on the widget though, that it gets stuck on the wrong day instead of showing today's agenda or contents...but that's a different bug). Since you say it seems to happen after a certain time, have you checked the settings for when your day starts and when it ends? Maybe it's got something to do with that...

chadrph

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if it had to do with when my day starts and stops, but I can't find where I can change that on my verizon note 2. Where am I missing that at?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm...you're right, it's not a setting in the phone. :( I'm using an Exchange calendar and that account does have that setting, but I assume you're using only either local calendar or Google's. So weird, and in two phones... are your phone and your wife's carrier-branded? Are they the same model? If so, maybe it's a bug introduced by the carrier's software. Mine's a factory-unlocked International Version.

mossalot

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Anybody figure out a solution to this? The most annoying part of it is that my list widget for the Samsung calendar is also listing events for the next day. I have even tried other agenda widgets and they have the same problem.

elomacaug

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Having the same exact issue. Galaxy S3. Brand new. Shows the correct day seemimgly everywhere but in list view. Switches to say tomorrow is today around 7pm. Have tried turning off auto-time zone, resetting the time zone manually, checked time zones on my google calendar via laptop...only issue is with list view. How do we fix this?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Having the same exact issue. Galaxy S3. Brand new. Shows the correct day seemimgly everywhere but in list view. Switches to say tomorrow is today around 7pm. Have tried turning off auto-time zone, resetting the time zone manually, checked time zones on my google calendar via laptop...only issue is with list view. How do we fix this?

Ive never had that happen

I have noticed that after midnight the date on the widget wont change but the appts shown keep right.

Weirdness.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
While in List Mode when you tap in the Today button, does it change or still continues to display the incorrect date?

From time to time mine will display the wrong date, but pressing the Today button usually fixes it for that brief moment.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

elomacaug

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
In list view, when I click 'Today', it still says today is tomorrow. This is the 3rd Galaxy S3 in 12 days. Verizon, Samsung and Google have all thrown up their hands and claimed " not my problem". We have tried the following:

Hard reset
Backup and restore
Starting from brand new phone with no backup or non-system data
All iterations of time zone adjustment
Clearing cache
Clearing data
Syncing with google calendar
Not syncing with google calendar and adding test events thru the system calendar
updating google play store stuff
Not updating play store

Nothing changes. On all three phones. Is it time to abandon ship?

Gian Peduto

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm having the same problem about the "wrong today day" in the Calendar List mode with a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4.

In Month, Week and Day mode everything works perfectly, today is set correctly. It only shift the day in the List mode, to one day ahead.

Can somebody help please?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I can duplicate the "problem" but I don't see it as that big of a deal. I can only replicate the List View issue if I create an event for the next day. then the next day, in list view (at least on the evening of today), will be labeled as "Today". Perhaps that's just a "heads-up" that you have an appointment coming up soon? Doesn't seem like a big deal, UNLESS when in month mode or other modes, the current day isn't highlighted properly. At least that's my take on this.

drkiker

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my wifi Galaxy Note 8. I've tried all the things that others have tried (which were suggested by Samsung), so I guess they don't know what is going on. Perhaps it is not a big deal, but it is certainly an annoyance. I would love to hear about it if anyone figures out a solution.