need replacement for Keepass...it doesn't allow edits on android app

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
while keepass works on PC's and Android, the bad part of it is that it still doesn't allow for editing the original database file (the one I access on my phone via dropbox). I would like another program that works on both android and the PC, is FREE, and allows editing in the android app. It is going to need to work via a database file that I keep in Dropbox.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
tried Universal Password Manager. crap. deleted.

tried Keeper Password Data Vault. also uninstalled.

I don't want something that is designed for browsers. I want the features of Keepass but that I can edit on an Android.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Lastpass works on all desktop browsers and also has a Android app that gives you editing capabilities. Along with passwords you can make secure notes as well.

I also have Lastpass to reject any access outside of a U.S ip address... (probably defeated with a US VPN)... they have other features as well... but you can edit locally on android with their app and sync it back to the cloud.

IslandTosh

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you need to root to edit the file? Maybe it's the app? I'm able to edit the file on my phone.

I was down to Lastpass vs Keepass before going w Keepass, mainly because KP was free for all platforms, and I wanted to have my passwords local.

Lastly, I'll add that I prefer to make changes on my computer only because the pages for signing up or changing passwords don't always function well on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't keep the original files on Dropbox. Just locally on my phone with Backups on my PC and USB drives.
I just don't put any sensitive data on the Internet.

PhilippC

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
of course everybody can decide where to put the files and I understand if people have it only locally. This is why I also have "Keepass2Android Offline" in the store (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2android.keepass2android_nonet&token=NT_3v6da) which doesn't need Internet permission. You might still want to try it to see the QuickUnlock feature in action (no need to enter the full password all the time), use the browser's "Share URL" to find the password you need or have an integrated keyboard (to avoid the clipboard because of clipboard sniffers).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty