Amazon doesn't have an app for Android tablets?

keddy

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
When I opened the installed app it gives me a message that Amazon for tablets is no longer supported. When I search Play Store, there's no Amazon app that I can download for me device. This company is one of the biggest in the world but not able to make a simple modification to their phone app and make it available for Android tablets VidMate . Very weird and annoying. The desktop site on tablets doesn't work very well at all. I like to see things on a bigger screen while I'm shopping.

Last edited:

bostontecalo

Jan 26, 2024
Visit site
Have you tried accessing the Amazon website through a browser on your tablet? Some browsers allow you to request the desktop version of a website, maybe this will work..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's pretty baffling, I agree. The odd thing is that on my Pixel Tablet (running Android 14), if I try to open the Amazon app, I can briefly see the interface, and then it immediately closes and redirects me to a browser page that says the app isn't supported on tablets running Android 14.

I can confirm that you can use the Request Desktop Site toggle for the Amazon website on Chrome, but it doesn't do a whole lot besides allow one more column of items to be shown. The site works well on my Pixel Tablet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot more sluggish on older or lower-spec tablets.

You can always send feedback to Amazon to let them know what you think.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
When I search Play Store, there's no Amazon app that I can download for me device.
If that's true, that's abysmal! There is an Amazon app for Android, app stores should show it no matter the ratio or size of your screan. If that means black bars or something, so be it! An Amazon app with black bars is better than no Amazon app at all.

My conplants about the incompetence of the Google app store aside: Maybe you can sideload the Amazon app or something.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fees that Amazon has to pay Google for purchases through the mobile app. But I might not be grasping the concept correctly.

More than likely, however, it's a financial decision. They know we can use our browsers if need be.
😃

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If that's true, that's abysmal! There is an Amazon app for Android, app stores should show it no matter the ratio or size of your screan. If that means black bars or something, so be it! An Amazon app with black bars is better than no Amazon app at all.

My conplants about the incompetence of the Google app store aside: Maybe you can sideload the Amazon app or something.
To be fair, this is an issue with Amazon's developers, not the Play Store. It's up to the app developer to make sure their apps are compatible across devices.

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
To be fair, this is an issue with Amazon's developers, not the Play Store. It's up to the app developer to make sure their apps are compatible across devices.
Compatible? Is the problem that the Amazon app would simply not work on Android tables? Or would the app have back bars and the like, but otherwise work fine?

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Your guess is as good as mine. :confused:
I would presume that the app is compatible with Android tablets. That you'd get a UI meant for a smaller screen and maybe black bars, but otherwise, everything would be fine.

If so: That means the Google Play Store is allowing app developers to prohibit compatible apps from showing on the Play Store, if you use a tablet. An app store should not allow that! Such discrimination against tablet users should be prohibited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter