What OS did you switch from?

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 is a very popular phone, and not just android users are switching over. So tell us where you came from, no matter where it be. Also be sure to share your experience switching to the note! I personally came from a galaxy nexus running jelly bean.

kennethkilo

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
ios. Although I switched from hard core apple user to having both the ip5 and note 2. I just came becase of NFC, Battery, and because ios didn't have jb heh. oh and mutlitask.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was on iOS prior to the G1 but switched to BlackBerry as I left T-Mobile for Verizon. Once a Droid came out on Verizon I have yet to switch operating systems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Motoblur gingerbread on my photon, ics on my nexus s. Before that was android, and before that was android, and before that... between with android since launch of the g1... went from tmo to Sprint and got the hero because tmo was goofing my bill for what seemed to be no reason.

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
The note 2 is a very popular phone, and not just android users are switching over. So tell us where you came from, no matter where it be. Also be sure to share your experience switching to the note! I personally came from a galaxy nexus running jelly bean.

I came from Android, an HTC Thunderbolt (previously dumb phones). Initially I was concerned about the size of the Note 2 as well as Touch Wiz, but both of those were completely unfounded! First if possible check out in store demos to get a feel for the size of the Note 2. You'll be surprised how it's not that big (too much is made of it IMO). Once you get it and spend some time with a Note 2, it's surreal how it changes your outlook on any other phone. I now look at my Thunderbolt or any other similar or smaller sized phone (including family members iPhone's) and think; "I used to use something so small?" "I could never go back to that!" :p As far as Touch Wiz, I was also pleasantly surprised; it's intuitive and easy to pick up and looks good overall. In all honesty, I don't miss HTC Sense what-so-ever (something I never expected! :eek:). :)

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from a Droid X with Gingerbread. I thought that was amazing after all the trouble I went thru with 2 Blackberries before that, but now, it's well...
FUGETABOUTIT! :cool:

Even with the few bugs that I encounter from time to time, the Note 2 just amazes me! Seeing where Android has gone in just the last 2 years alone, I'm so excited to see what the future brings!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry. 3 HTC devices. Incredible. Thunderbolt then Rezound. Now the Note2. Anazing

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I came from Android, an HTC Thunderbolt (previously dumb phones). Initially I was concerned about the size of the Note 2 as well as Touch Wiz, but both of those were completely unfounded! First if possible check out in store demos to get a feel for the size of the Note 2. You'll be surprised how it's not that big (too much is made of it IMO). Once you get it and spend some time with a Note 2, it's surreal how it changes your outlook on any other phone. I now look at my Thunderbolt or any other similar or smaller sized phone (including family members iPhone's) and think; "I used to use something so small?" "I could never go back to that!" :p As far as Touch Wiz, I was also pleasantly surprised; it's intuitive and easy to pick up and looks good overall. In all honesty, I don't miss HTC Sense what-so-ever (something I never expected! :eek:). :)

Haha. Totally agree with u. I have a note 2 already. So I know about the size.

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Rim 850, Sidekick 1 Color, Sidekick 3, G1, MyTouch 3G, MyTouch 4G, Samsung Galaxy S 3, now Samsung Note 2.

Basically it BlackBerry, DangerOS, then Android. Been Android user since G1 came to the world. And one of the Android early adaptor. I had brief experience with PalmOS, Symbian, Window 4/5 and iOS. Basically I experienced almost every official OS in USA.

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
dumb phones, Bold 900 > BB flip phone > HTC Arrive with WP7 > SGN2

I am still new to android, but I dont see me leaving anytime soon. I liked WP7 when I had it, but now I can't imagine going back

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
dumb phones> windows mobile phone> original droid> droid x> thunderbolt> gs3> note 2

once i tried android i never looked back....

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
dumb phones, Bold 900 > BB flip phone > HTC Arrive with WP7 > SGN2

I am still new to android, but I dont see me leaving anytime soon. I liked WP7 when I had it, but now I can't imagine going back

Oh a Windows Phone user! Haha. What made u switch?

sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Switching carriers inspired both OS switches. I was on At&t with the Bold 9000, I saw a way to save money, so I was going to Sprint. Sprint didnt have the Bold at that time, so the only options were the boring curve, or this unique looking flip phone. The BB flip phone was cool, it had a full QWERTY keyboard, and a newer BB OS than the bold. I went into the Sprint store to look around and I tried the WP7. I loved it, but was scared to pull the trigger, so I got the bb flip.

I liked it, especially for making actual phone calls. But the OS was terrible at web pages, and the screen was tiny and I got tired of people asking me if had an old flip phone.

So I found a HTC Arrive on eBay and snatched it up.

I loved that phone, but the speaker wore out, and it had random quirks. I am not sure if the issues were WP7, Sprint, or HTC. Sprint wasnt making any new WP8 phones, so I started looking at other carriers.

That Samsung commercial about people standing in line had a kid with a GSIII and a flip cover. And I just thought that cover was so cool. So I googled around and started reading about other phones.

Then everyone raved about the SGN2, with the size being the only complaint. While Christmas shopping I saw in it best buy, gave it a test drive then obsessed over it for weeks on end.

Then I finally bailed on Sprint and jumped to Tmo and Android

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I notice it was small screen and wonder how the heck that work for the Web page.

It funny how people few years ago leaving tmobile while currently unique visitors came to tmobile. People with Sidekick left tmobile for sure after that Sidekick decable. Mostly deaf people. I'm a deaf person myself and already made the switch to G1 once it came out and this happen before the Sidekick data wipeout. Many deaf people still blaming for Sidekick data loss, I informed them that it is not tmobile fault, it is the fault of Microsoft. They own Danger OS and they the one who fked it up. Microsoft admit to this also but yet they won't listen and insist on blaming tmobile more when tmobile decided to move people off Sidekick. I told them again that it Microsoft the one who shutting down the server, not tmobile. I'm still on tmobile more than 8 years and really enjoys their service

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

koolkrates

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
This will be funny to some people. I am switching from a Samsung a920 and a Toshiba Laptop with XP SP3 :-[. I have yet to receive my Note 2 but the carrier has already sent me two incorrect phones :mad::confused: and I am eagerly awaiting the Note 2 in the post :D

AJK459

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry to Windows to Android. I'll stay with android as I love my nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums